Phonak Pin tool vs Oticon Pin tool

pvc

Reaction score
The Phonak Pin tool is larger and doesn't work well for Oticon hearing aid pins. Though, you may be able to get the pin started and then pull it out the other side using tweezers. Another DIY-workaround is to grind the tip of a sewing needle to flatten the pointy tip.

Pictured below top to bottom (an old Oticon HA, Phonak Pin tool, Oticon Pin tool);
Note that forum images may appear as icons (not full size) until you are Logged in as a forum member.
c5.png

5 years ago -> in another forum I should have made this more clear. But to be fair there was less information available then. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. For some reason, online pricing of the Oticon tool is crazy in the US compared to the UK were it's about 2 GBP shipped. Is there a cheap US source this this tool can't cost must to make?

Do you know which size sewing needle works best?

Yep, it's a thin market. Both buyers and sellers are few. I'm guessing that's why the price is so wonky?

I got mine cheap (a long time ago) from a USA source. But I don't see any USA sellers at a reasonable price now.

HMm; I wonder if the Phonak pin tool of today (5 years later) is still that larger size? I don't have Phonak hearing aids so I don't know if the pins are still large?

Pin pushing will allow you to replace the receivers, or if you are the adventurous type, to take your case apart;

Back