sound recover question

corvairbob

Reaction score
i have almost no hearing in the 4 to 8k range, up in the 90 to 100 deb range i hear just a bit at 4k nothing but clicks at 6k and some at 8k but i struggle to hear the wife's voice. she talks soft and when i get after her to speak up a bit she claims she is yelling. anyway with the phonak aids i did hear her a bit better.

i had an audi on this site one time tell me to start sound recover on my phonak aids and set it from 4k 5to 8k and that would move all those sounds down to the 1k to 3k range. she said those sounds would change so a voice i was use to hearing wound sound different after that change. i did that and the wife voice did change a bit but i could hear most of her words. unless she talked real low.

so now i have the signia ax5 aids and on another site they seem to tell me to turn that off. but i had compression turned on and it was set to 2k to 3k range in the fitting program for the signia. the right side of the graph had the range down to the 20db area so is that now moving all the sounds in the ranges from 3k and up down in the the lower ranges so they would be audible to me? of may i misunderstanding that compression?

so i used the nal-nl2 formula and i still struggle to understand the wife. i'm about ready to put the signia back in the box and set them on the shelf and just wait until the phonak aids die and hope i find some phonak by then. the insurance paid for the signia so maybe next year they will have a better model. any ideas? thanks

Last edited:
Back