Antibiotic's and hearing

Guythunder

Reaction score
First I am 70 years old, My hearing loose started back when I was in my 20's , I was on a deer hunting trip with some friends and one of them discharged his gun close to my ear and they have been ringing since,
Then I started driving truck for a living and that also didn't help my hearing, But the one thing that really caused me to loose a lot of my hearing is an Antibiotic called Vancomycin which was feed to me through a pick line for some time.

I had a motorcycle accident and I had a compound break in my leg that got infected and they fed me a lot of this antibiotic to do away with the inflection and it didn't work, Believe it or not I cleared up the infection at home on a health drink. Anyway this antibiotic killed a big part of my hearing. So now I am thinking about getting some kind of hearing device but there are so many out there how does one know what is the best.

First go see an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor to rule out anything medically wrong with your ears. Then they will refer you to an audiologist who will give you the choice of several hearing aids that they feel will be the best for your hearing loss.

There are now quite a number of different hearing aids to choose from! Designs have changed a lot over the years, and you'll be able to find one that's discreet if that's your choice!

Back