Bluetooth streaming/transmitting to an Android phone hearing device

gfmucci

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with sending an audio source signal via Bluetooth transmitter/streamer to an assistive hearing device controlled by your android phone?

I get mixed comments about whether an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy series can connect with and stream from a Bluetooth transmitter.

If I'm understanding, you have a neck loop device and you want to stream to it from a Bluetooth transmitter? In that case the neckloop device would transmit (via telecoil) to the hearing aids. It would not involve the phone.

That is kind of an old fashioned solution, although one that many people still use. All late model hearing aid companies, the big 6 or big 5, have bluetooth solutions that allow you to stream from other devices, make/receive phone calls, and get streamed TV sound with no latency.

Does anyone here have experience with sending an audio source signal via Bluetooth transmitter/streamer to an assistive hearing device controlled by your android phone?

I get mixed comments about whether an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy series can connect with and stream from a Bluetooth transmitter.
Yes, I have a Galaxy S9 and Nuheara buds. It is a combo hearing aid and BT bud. It works great. Sound is well balanced, easy to connect. Downsides are battery life is short and they stick out of the ear a half inch - I look like the flying nun.

Yes, I have a Galaxy S9 and Nuheara buds. It is a combo hearing aid and BT bud. It works great. Sound is well balanced, easy to connect. Downsides are battery life is short and they stick out of the ear a half inch - I look like the flying nun.

Back