Cinema sound

Mikgriz

Reaction score
I have NHS hearing aids which are generally fine but find that cinema sound is not always understandable. It is not the volume as normally it is too loud and even with the additional aids that are supplied by the cinema there is not much difference. Does anyone know of anything that would help? Is it that my hearing loss is so advanced that nothing can help?
Our local theatre has a T loop to which I can connect and that is much better.

Hi there!

Based on what you are saying here, I would think that maybe the volume of the cinema could make a big difference. Basically as the volume gets louder the bass/low frequencies also expand. When this happens it masks the high frequencies that provide speech clarity. The bass overload is why you are having trouble understanding.

With out knowing anything about your hearing loss it is hard to advise with confidence, but the T loop, although great for certain applications, may not give you the audio fidelity you are looking for.

Perhaps the best solution might be where you are sitting in the theatre. try to position yourself where you are close to a speaker without being blasted out.

Hope this helps.

Back