Comparing Oticon Alta to Alta Pro

lenny

Reaction score
I'm a newbie hearing aid user and am currently trying out the new Alta Pro. I previously tried the Intiga 8, but realized I wanted an instruement with volume control. My audi let me use his demo Agil Pro, while waiting for the Alta to be released. I've been using the Alta Pro for two weeks now, very satisfied except that it's really expensive ($6,550).

I asked the audi today about the Alta (minus the Pro). He's going to talk to Oticon about the differences and confer with me at our next appointment, but my non-professional review of the literature indicates that the is that the Pro model has what Oticon calls Spatial Management -- particularly binaual processing (compression).

Ultimately, I know I'll have to try the Alta to make a choice, but I wonder if anyone can advise on whether this additional feature is worth the extra cost -- likely somewhere between $2000 and $1500 more for the two aids, but I don't have the exact price.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello,
In reviewing the product information between the Alta and Alta Pro. The only two features difference is the Spatial Sound Premium and Binaural Noise Management. Are these two features worth the difference in price? The only way I feel that you would be able to find this out would be to conduct a trail with both Alta and Alta Pro. I would recommend trying the devices in a loud environment (e.g. resturant) and determine if you notice any difference in your speech understanding abilities and/or the comfort level of the noise. Take notes of how you are performing with both aids, so you have objective information when deciding which model to choice.

I hope this information and suggestion helps you!!

Speaking of feature comparison on old hearing aids from a decade ago, there's a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file for that. Namely (xCompare Oticon Opn OpnS Siya Ruby). Here's a clip of the first part below. Please find the PDF file in DIY School if you wish to read the entire document.

Note that forum images may appear as icons (not full size) until you are Logged in as a forum member.
c2.jpg

Last edited:
Also there was a (little known) Alta1 Pro (not to be confused with Alta2 Pro). Yep, it was the same as the original Alta Pro except it was a model distributed by the VA (Veterans Administration);

Note that forum images may appear as icons (not full size) until you are Logged in as a forum member.
DSCF0022.JPG

Last edited:
Back