Hi, newby

Judyallen

Reaction score
My question, my husband has bee wearing hearing aids for several years, about 2 weeks ago, he was having trouble..TV sound went up, he could not hear me, I have yell. He went back to get checked, they took his aids all apart, cleaned checked them thoroughly. no better, we went back the next day, he had a hearing test, she said everything looked ok...next day we went back, he got brand new aids..no better,. I'm still yelling, he said his own voice sounds to loud. He has trouble with volume on TV. So he is using the wireless aid attached to TV. But, again we are not having conversation. Very frustrated, he hears some noise, like traffic and back ground noise. At this rate we are unable to go out to dinner.. we are going back to the Audio Dr. again tomorrow. Can anyone help or suggest something, I need help!! The brand he wears is Starkey, supplied by Veterans Medical Center

Last edited:
This sounds like to me that the low frequency of the hearing aids are too loud. This is causing it to overload his highs which is where clarity is coming from. It also may indicate, as by the voice being too loud, a bit of occlusion which is causing him too hear too much of his self in his head.

I know that the VA can be difficult to get into and get proper adjustments. but I would say this is where to start.

Back