Home phone for blue tooth hearing aides

jseigfreid

Reaction score
Help,
I have blue tooth enabled hearing aides and am looking for a home phone that I can use with the blue tooth capability of the aides. My cell phone works ok with the aides but I live in an area with very limited cell phone coverage. I am hoping there is a phone system that can broadcast to my aides.
Thanks
Jay

Phone service providers are getting closer to → phasing out landlines
That CNN link will eventually expire so here's a clip;
More people who are still using telephone landlines will soon need to decide if they want to finally hang up on their service.

Just last week, AT&T applied for a waiver that would allow it to stop servicing traditional landlines in California. AT&T and Verizon previously stated they want to be fully operational on newer infrastructure within the next few years.

That’s part of a sweeping move by phone service providers to replace older copper wire-based telephone systems lines, also known as Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS), with faster and more advanced technology that doesn’t work with landlines.

Last edited:
Old topic without many replies, but me too was always searching for this solution but didn’t find it.
As the Telecoil is phasing out now I still hope they bring out the Auracast version soon enough to overcome the problem of not being able to receive a call on a landline through the HA’s. And that please before the landline dies.

There are landline telephones out there with telecoil compatibility - usually they're aimed at seniors and have big buttons and other such features. I have one where you can turn up and down the volume, and an extra button to add 40dB to the call. It's big and ugly but it works. If you have a support charity or organisation for older people in your country have a look at their website - they may sell them directly, or look on ebay etc.

The other option if you have Phonak, Unitron or Hansaton hearing aids is to get a DECT (wireless) phone - many of those have standard bluetooth capabilities in order to connect to a wireless headset. These will work with the hearing aid brands i mentioned, but not with others because they don't use the standard bluetooth version.

There are landline telephones out there with telecoil compatibility - usually they're aimed at seniors and have big buttons and other such features. I have one where you can turn up and down the volume, and an extra button to add 40dB to the call. It's big and ugly but it works. If you have a support charity or organisation for older people in your country have a look at their website - they may sell them directly, or look on ebay etc.

The other option if you have Phonak, Unitron or Hansaton hearing aids is to get a DECT (wireless) phone - many of those have standard bluetooth capabilities in order to connect to a wireless headset. These will work with the hearing aid brands i mentioned, but not with others because they don't use the standard bluetooth version.
@testator
Thank you very much for your information.
This was the answer @jseigfreid was looking for in 2022 but still will be actual for others in 2024.

Back