Horrid itching last night! Allergy?

Reaction score
I think I may want to mention this at my appointment. I had a horrid itching sensation last night which I should not have done this provoked me to take out my left hearing aid. To my knowledge I have not done that yet (except to look at it and then it goes back in. Only reason I do that normally is I think it looks cool. :)) It was a burning sensation. I did not place it back in however I wore the right one only. The itch/burn is still there slightly this morning with it in. Have any of you encountered this before? I don't think I have ever taken it out so fast!

Might it be an allergy or just something else? It's only the left side. I can nearly wear them for six hours a day now. I also take breaks to relieve the ears every once and a while. Then they go back in.

holy crap, I've been there too! (you might wanna check out an allergy free solution too, my earmolds are usually clear with a little color in it and not alot of it)

aaahh. I hope your itching sensation wasn't too bad.I will be certain to mention this. I had a look inside the bowl of my ear was also very red. x_X Hurt for a while as well. I really love the colour but if needed I will have to get it changed to another clearer colour. I think the hypo allergenic mould would be a good idea. Thanks again. ^_^

aaahh. I hope your itching sensation wasn't too bad.I will be certain to mention this. I had a look inside the bowl of my ear was also very red. x_X Hurt for a while as well. I really love the colour but if needed I will have to get it changed to another clearer colour. I think the hypo allergenic mould would be a good idea. Thanks again. ^_^

yeah, the hypoallergenic worked for me :)

thanks! So you found that the 'ear' part never bothered you when coloured? For me it's only the mould and yet I try to wear them X_x it'll feel more comfortable when I get the moulds changed if that's what's going on. :)

thanks! So you found that the 'ear' part never bothered you when coloured? For me it's only the mould and yet I try to wear them X_x it'll feel more comfortable when I get the moulds changed if that's what's going on. :)

when I changed the earmold part, yeah! (it's still a little bit of color, not a whole lot)

well, I got bad news. I can get the pic to you in the next while but however my right hearing aid to be frank to quote you took a crap on me. It won't work and after three battery changes, the noise indicating that all system's go, won't start. I checked for wax, none, tube seems clean, or at least to me. The other one is working but barely and also the portable volume control has gone too. :( Shame cuz I really liked these. I think we got warranty on them and it hasn't been a year so they might re-do these for free if I'm lucky. :)

well, I got bad news. I can get the pic to you in the next while but however my right hearing aid to be frank to quote you took a crap on me. It won't work and after three battery changes, the noise indicating that all system's go, won't start. I checked for wax, none, tube seems clean, or at least to me. The other one is working but barely and also the portable volume control has gone too. :( Shame cuz I really liked these. I think we got warranty on them and it hasn't been a year so they might re-do these for free if I'm lucky. :)

that sucks!

I don't know if he should have done this however, Dad pried the tubing a part, only from the mould and it was clear of debris. So we're pretty certain unless it's something else entirely, that hearing aid is dead. The left one so far is still working some how. :O

I don't know if he should have done this however, Dad pried the tubing a part, only from the mould and it was clear of debris. So we're pretty certain unless it's something else entirely, that hearing aid is dead. The left one so far is still working some how. :O

holy crap man!

I know. D=! Do they normally die together or can it only be one? The tubing is still connected to the casing itself though. He figured if the audiologist did it then it would be okay. I think he might be right. I tried to upload the file and it says that it's too big. I think mine, like yours look neat! I have been noticing something with the ear moulds, they are sticking out a wee bit in the bowl of my ear down near the ear canal opening. Don't know if that's normal but I do know the last time I had sinusitis swelled my ears a bit. Might be from that. Two nights til my appointment and I will know if I need a new hearing aid or not. Hoping the warranty covers this!

I know. D=! Do they normally die together or can it only be one? The tubing is still connected to the casing itself though. He figured if the audiologist did it then it would be okay. I think he might be right. I tried to upload the file and it says that it's too big. I think mine, like yours look neat! I have been noticing something with the ear moulds, they are sticking out a wee bit in the bowl of my ear down near the ear canal opening. Don't know if that's normal but I do know the last time I had sinusitis swelled my ears a bit. Might be from that. Two nights til my appointment and I will know if I need a new hearing aid or not. Hoping the warranty covers this!

thanks!
sometimes it can be one or together! (that's why I replace batteries every Monday too)

ah okay. Thanks again for the info. With mine it's replacing them every third day. Had a feeling something was wrong there. My left one can go all week before I replace it though. The right one before it went out was every three days. :O

got good news! The hearing aids are okay! The tube was so full of wax it was crazy! They used a pediatric ear tube since my ears are so small. Now it should take a lot to fill that in XD! She said the mould likely may have been irritated itself as I described it to being the only time it has ever done that. No sounds were played, she's got the type that don't even require a person to be wired to a computer. :O! She put them in a box and my sound level to my ear is bang on! ^_^

got good news! The hearing aids are okay! The tube was so full of wax it was crazy! They used a pediatric ear tube since my ears are so small. Now it should take a lot to fill that in XD! She said the mould likely may have been irritated itself as I described it to being the only time it has ever done that. No sounds were played, she's got the type that don't even require a person to be wired to a computer. :O! She put them in a box and my sound level to my ear is bang on! ^_^

that's great and damn, that's a ton of wax!

haha. XD! Yeah. lol i have been known to get heavy wax build up and bad ear infections as a kid and now it still looks like i get it, i already knew that but i didn't know how badly it clogged the hearing aids. XD! it hears so nice now!

Back