How are you? **The random thread**

Deanne

Reaction score
What's up? Whatchya doooin'???

I'm getting ready for big snowstorm tomorrow.

I'm doing ok....lots of personal shit going on in my life..,but I'm a holding my head up high and being strong..

That's often all you can do. Keep going :)

I'm sick :( I'm going to make some bread and soup.

I've got my girls over. The youngest 2 were worn out so went to bed early. I'm worn out, too, so I'm going to sleep soon. My oldest is watching some TV, but really texting her friends. Hopefully it stays nice here tomorrow so we can get to the park. It's cooler, but at least sunny. And gusty.

Hmm, just ate dinner and thinking if I want to make some more hot water.

Up and at 'em. My kids refuse to sleep past 6:30. I have power (yay) and 2 feet of snow and it's still coming down.

Can't believe I'm so tired tonight. It's not even late. Ears hurting bad tonight, too.

Feel like working or something. Just replaced all the lightbulbs in the house with compact fluorescent lights. I also took all the existing cfl's that still worked and put them in the rooms I don't use so often. And replaced my smoke detectors' batteries and put a new filter on the house vent. Gotta be something else to do around here. Putting off painting till the spring so I can vent the house a little better. Otherwise I'm gonna start doing work :(

Just finished grading a course, a lot of students like to turn in their stuff at the last minute.
We have a cold freeze warning tonight, but there is never any snow so that is a good thing.

I noticed some farmers leave their cattle and horses out in the cold -- without a shed or barn for them to huddle in. How do those animals survive the cold?

I noticed some farmers leave their cattle and horses out in the cold -- without a shed or barn for them to huddle in. How do those animals survive the cold?

Cattle usually do OK; pretty well insulated and huddle up. Lean and small animals have it tougher. Most people here bring their horses in when it's really bad (or at night), or a blanket if it's just cold. Horses are more recreation here, so get pampered probably more than they need to. One horse by me has this neon fitted blanket that really looks weird when you don't expect it.

I'm not sure what the people do with their goats and sheep; they roam around so much I don't know if they have a shelter they go to on their own. I never see anyone rounding them up (they are on a farm a little further down).

That's pretty interesting. I've talked to some farm folks in MD and PA, they've said that there's not much money to earn from horses other than selling horse hair to certain interested parties. I hear they are apparently money drainers. Whoa.

That's pretty interesting. I've talked to some farm folks in MD and PA, they've said that there's not much money to earn from horses other than selling horse hair to certain interested parties. I hear they are apparently money drainers. Whoa.

:lol: Yeah, my cousin has a ranch and makes most money from training and boarding horses for people, as well as dressage lessons/training. She's had a few race horses, but no big winners.

My daughter asked me if that noise was coming from my car or someone else's. Seriously?:rolleyes:

Have a great Thanksgiving

Just enjoying life, being retired is a blessing and sometimes boring at the same time.

Back