How did you lose your hearing?

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I lost my hearing due to a high fever when I was 5 years old. I currently use a hearing aid on my left ear and not my right, because my audiologist said my hearing in that ear was so bad a hearing aid wouldn't do much. Heh.

So, how did you lose your hearing?

I inherited a gene from my mom. It may be triggered by pregnancy or child birth. I was diagnosed with some hearing loss about 7 months after my firstborn's birth during a routine hearing test at work. I didn't start noticing the hearing loss till about 7 years later and at that time started wearing a hearing aid (only one ear was affected at the time, but now both ears have loss).

Born HOH. I have genetic hearing loss, and ear canal atresia.

Lost more due to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome that severely damaged the auditory nerve.

I was born deaf due to German measles that my mom got when she was pregnant with me. she didn't know she was pregnant with me til she went to dr.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she went to too many Metallica and KISS concerts... while standing next to their super speakers. That's how I became deaf.

Just kidding!

I became deaf from being sick and neglect.

I inherited a gene from my mom. It may be triggered by pregnancy or child birth. I was diagnosed with some hearing loss about 7 months after my firstborn's birth during a routine hearing test at work. I didn't start noticing the hearing loss till about 7 years later and at that time started wearing a hearing aid (only one ear was affected at the time, but now both ears have loss).

Do you have otosclerosis too? That's what I have, starting going in my left ear first at age 20, and then my right at age 25, either during or shortly after my second pregnancy. it's actually kind of hard to tell when it first starts going.

Do you have otosclerosis too? That's what I have, starting going in my left ear first at age 20, and then my right at age 25, either during or shortly after my second pregnancy. it's actually kind of hard to tell when it first starts going.

No, mostly nerves with a little bit conductive. I was in my mid-30's (slow to marry, slow to have kids).

I have lost my hearing like most other I presume. A very active and noisy life. Loud cars, shooting sports, and music.

It was the best sex I ever had...

Just kidding, I was born deaf in one ear and lost hearing due to Meniere's in the other. As of this posting, I'm profoundly deaf.

I had a ton of ear infections and a few surgeries on my right ear, it's now moderate-severe reverse slope. My left ear isn't tooooo bad, but they don't know why. I have the hearing of an 80 year old man in my left ear (so my audiologist jokes).

I had a ton of ear infections and a few surgeries on my right ear, it's now moderate-severe reverse slope. My left ear isn't tooooo bad, but they don't know why. I have the hearing of an 80 year old man in my left ear (so my audiologist jokes).
Hahaha... don't feel bad. My audiologist says the same thing about my right ear. Even though I have more hearing loss in my right ear than my left ear, my right ear is more sensitive than my left ear. That's why I don't wear a hearing aid in my right ear.

I was diagnosed with a very mild high frequency SN loss in first grade that is now moderate in my left ear, severe in my right. I've been wearing hearing aids for roughly 10 years.

I lost my hearing overnight in Sept/2011, I woke up one morning and just couldn't hear. I figured it was clogged ears, no biggie.. but the days passed and there was no improvement. I was referred to an ENT, and was informed I had bilateral SSHL and was now deaf

Ear infections, sickness, swimming deep, guns, working on flight line. :hmm: good portion of self inflicted there. I suspect a few of the old family remedies dropped into the ears may not have been so good either. I've also found that nagging leads to intermittent loss.

I was hard of hearing for many years and refused to acknowledge it. Finally in 2000 I had to go to an ENT for an ear problem, his audiologist gave me a complete hearing test and she looked at me and asked, have you ever worn hearing aids, I said no. She said your hearing is not good at all and hearing aids would help you greatly.
They sold no hearing aids in the office the audiologist there did not deal with hearing aids and recommended one. 4 sets later.
I lost my hearing from loud noise and that im sure of.

I also have this problem since 2003 and recently I buy a hearing aid from bengalspeech.com. Bengalspeech is the Largest chain of hearing aid clinics and speech therapy in Kolkata. Bengal Speech Hearing Pvt. Ltd. provides best quality services at affordable price. now I am well and continuing my study.

Back