Loops, etc

Deanne

Reaction score
Can we talk about teleloops? I tried to do a ton of research before I bought mine and couldn't find very many useful threads so I thought we should start one.

Earhooks, neckloop, etc? What do you use? How do you like it?

I tried/have ear hooks & neckloop. I prefer the neckloop because I don't like the wires hanging from my ears.
I haven't used either of them for a few years because I have a ComPilot (and before that the iCom) which works with my Phonak HAs.

I've tried the neckloops once. A friend of mine had one and I tried it out. Thought it was nice. My friend uses it for listening to his iPod. He said the nice thing about them was that he could wear them in class and listen to music without anyone noticing it (hearing people wear headphones or earpieces). ;)

I have the earhooks. I often go about town with them on my ears. Excellent anxiety management.

I prefer the earhook for my hearing aid. It sounds better, since it's at the ear with the hearing aid and not around the neck.

TecEar.com offers free shipping for anything you order through their site. Harris Communications has the NoizFree and Hatis Epic ear hooks on their site too, but you have to pay for shipping.

Where is the best place to get ear hooks?
A good place to get earhooks varies.

One time I needed a new earhook. I went to 3 places. The first two had it for $30 plus shipping and handling. The third place had it for $10 with no charge for shipping and handling. I took that one. Came back a few days later to pick it up and paid my $10.

Ok, help! I want to get an ipod, and it has bluetooth. My hearing aids don't though, only t-coils. Can I use this....... Quattro Bluetooth Amplified Neck Loop ?? I really have no idea. I feel really old........

I could also get regular earhooks and just plug them in, and I do need some for my computer too. I'm thinking having stereo earhooks would be nice for music though, right?

Ok, help! I want to get an ipod, and it has bluetooth. My hearing aids don't though, only t-coils. Can I use this....... Quattro Bluetooth Amplified Neck Loop ?? I really have no idea. I feel really old........

I could also get regular earhooks and just plug them in, and I do need some for my computer too. I'm thinking having stereo earhooks would be nice for music though, right?
From the product description, it does sound like you can use it. Have you contacted the webmaster about this product?

Wouldn't it be easier just to get a t-coil neck loop to plug into the iPod instead of bluetooth? (You never know... might have a different product that you could use the t-coil neck loop on that doesn't use bluetooth.) :)

I thought about a regular neckloop, but with the bluetooth I could put the ipod on the kitchen counter instead of in my pocket when I'm cooking, which seems ideal. I'm leaning towards having stereo sound though, ARGH :) I will probably email the webmaster once I decide on one, just to make sure it's what I want.

As I recall, the owner of this site is very helpful, so you may want to contact him to discuss your options. I believe he is also HoH (or else I'm thinking of the wrong website :eek:).

I think the Widex T dek can be used with your Diva's as long as they have a T coil and it is activated. The T-dek will allow you to connect to various divices through Bluetooth. However, I have found that a lot of Apple products have problems staying connected in Bluetooth, so I use a patch cord whenever I use my streamer with an Apple product.

Different Experiences

I want to know what kind of experiences people have had.
I got my hearing aids from Simple Hearing Solutions in Burnaby, BC and was treated very well. I'm just curious to know how other places handle things to compare.

How's Costco? Connect?

I want to know what kind of experiences people have had.
I got my hearing aids from Simple Hearing Solutions in Burnaby, BC and was treated very well. I'm just curious to know how other places handle things to compare.

How's Costco? Connect?

If your happy then you got a good deal. Costco is like any other place that sells HA's, they have good fitters and not so good ones and it's up to you to find the good one. They do have excellent prices, good products, excellent trial periods with full refund (90 days) and excellent loss and warranty policies.

You probably should of posted this in the hearing aid section and not the thread about loops, you might get more replies.

So, this post and replies are 4-5 years old. What is new? I keep reading about technology changes but not finding a lot of info specific to my quest.
My wife has a Signia Insio Primax ITC aid that her provider sold her an EasyTek Bluetooth neck loop for. It failed within the warranty period [charging port] and was replaced. I have since read a number of reviews that make me think twice about replacing it again. And I must find an alternative as it has now gone missing [as BT devices, and even aids are prone to do]. I am looking for a less expensive neck loop that will work with her aid.

I read about certain devices only working with brand specific aids, but I fail to see how this can be with my understanding of loop technology. The loop broadcasts and the T coil picks it up. Is pairing the real issue?
She has an iPhone and some app downloaded by the provider, but I don’t know if it is Signia or EasyTek specific.

I would appreciate any guidance any might offer and specific product suggestions. She is worth every penny, but I am trying to be wise with our resources and she would rather do without than go buy another $400 BT.

Back