losing hearing more in right ear.

Reaction score
I'm losing hearing more in my right ear. Should I ask my local audiologist if they can do diagnostic testing for it? i had an ABR done once 2 years ago by an incompetent doctor and he didn't provide me by answers. Have any of ya had this test done as adults to find out what is going on? Can an audiologist refer me to someone? It concerns me that my hearing has slid that much and the right one I keep having to turn the hearing aid up. Should i have every right to be concerned and yes I am well aware this is not a diagnosing site, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and will ask my doctor or audiologist on what to do. Thanks in advance.

thanks for the support. I am concerned as the ear infection is well and over with. There is no wax or anything else like that in the ear at least i'm assuming for now. I will keep ya posted. My balance is off but i think that may be the sinusitis. About every ten years i have bouts of vertigo. I'm still gonna poke around and see if i can dig something up (Er no pun intended of it's wax!) with my doc or audiologist. It's the hearing i' m concerned more about. The left ear remains mostly pretty steady for what it is. I get my new moulds on the twenty sixth of this month. We decided to fit them on the hearing test. That's when they're also going to make sure if they are working okay. When they did the ABR test they did not sedate me (it's not always necessary however i am very fidgety) and you're supposed to be relaxed so maybe i wasn't relaxed enough?

thanks for the support. I am concerned as the ear infection is well and over with. There is no wax or anything else like that in the ear at least i'm assuming for now. I will keep ya posted. My balance is off but i think that may be the sinusitis. About every ten years i have bouts of vertigo. I'm still gonna poke around and see if i can dig something up (Er no pun intended of it's wax!) with my doc or audiologist. It's the hearing i' m concerned more about. The left ear remains mostly pretty steady for what it is. I get my new moulds on the twenty sixth of this month. We decided to fit them on the hearing test. That's when they're also going to make sure if they are working okay. When they did the ABR test they did not sedate me (it's not always necessary however i am very fidgety) and you're supposed to be relaxed so maybe i wasn't relaxed enough?

maybe! and you're welcome

Back