New From Florida

ttyndall

Reaction score
Just signed on to the forum. I have Meniere's in both ears and have had it since about 1990. Thats tough to do since I am only 22 years old. :cool: I had CIC Widex hearing aids 15 to 20 years ago and loved them. Unfortunately the battery went dead in one ear and I put the hearing aid in my pocket and when I got home that night it was gone. Went back to the Audio and they had discontinued my model. So I have lived the last 15 years without any but my hearing keeps getting worse.
I sell Real Estate so it is hard to hear people that talk in low volume or turned the wrong way so I think I irritated a customer the other day
so decided it was time to find the money and get new ones.
Met with the ENT at Baptist Hospital here in Jacksonville and then had the followup with Dr. Shug who was the Audiologist. I ended up deciding on ReSound CIC. I had CIC before and loved them. I also Shoot pistols with friends at our local range and am use to ear plugs I had made to fit my ears so it just feels natural. Of course the negative is I lose the benefit of the Blue Tooth but am okay with that. I also shave my head so that does not hide a lot on external models.
After a long winded introduction I do have one question.
Is the price difference of the ReSound CIC linX 3d top of the line worth the money over the level below it?
I did not write the models down but do remember there were about 4 levels. I am assuming that is the model 7 and model 9.
My Audio said probably not but I noticed it mentioned on the top tier model talking about wind noise. I am outside with customers a lot.
Being these are CIC I did not know how much difference it made or other features. There was a $1,300 (per pair) difference.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Look forword to being a member.
Ted

Back