Oticon Connect Problems

DAMurphy

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the oticon streamer. I had Oticon Vigo aids for years and used the streamer with no problems. I recently bought NERA aids
and have a lot of problems getting the streamer started. I love the aids themselves. I love the streamer too, but get very exasperated getting the darn thing to connect. Sometimes it connects right away, other times I have to spend a lot of time for it to connect. Any ideas?

I have Oticon Alta Pro (ITC) with the Streamer Pro and it is working great for me. I connect to the TV connect, the Phone Connect, my IPhone 5s, etc with not issues.

My problem is that when I am wearing the streamer and turn it on, then press the button to connect to the tv sometimes (rarely) it connects, other times it doesn't. I have to shut the streamer off, put it on, press the tv button shut it off when it doesn't connect then repeat the whole process repeatedly before it finally connected.

The same thing happens when I try to connect to ipad.

I have found that I connect to the TV connect easier if I use the Iphone app to make the connection.

Last edited:
I have the Agil Pro hearing aids from Oticon and recently acquired a new Streamer Pro with 1.2 software. I wear it around my neck and have had frequent problems. These include:

(i) Difficulty in making Bluetooth connection. When I put the hearing aids on in the morning, the streamer will often not connect. Pairing will then often take a long time.

(ii) The streamer will occasionally initiate a random telephone call from my "Contacts". I have an iPhone with IOS 8.1.2

iii The streamer will occasionally cause a recorded voice to be heard

iv When streamer is Bluetooth connected incoming calls will often be directed to the iPhone rather than the streamer.

I am currently looking at up grading my hearing aids and am considering the Octicon Alta Pro but the unpredictable behavior of the streamer is a serious negative.

Has anyone else had these problems and how did you solve them

Back