Phonak DIY Programming

Rsmims

Reaction score
I've read all the threads on the HearingTracker.com forum pertaining to this topic and am tired of the rants on ethics so I'll try this here.
Put simply, I want the ability to fine tune program and take advantage of all the features my aids are capable of.
I've suffered with hearing loss for about 5 years and have recently acquired a pair of Audeo V90 312s. Yes, they're outdated but the price was right.
I took them to a local audiologist, paid the money, had the hearing test, had them fitted/programmed, and they have changed my life.
I've had several adjustment visits to this same Audiologist only to confirm that he's pretty clueless on these devices and their capabilities.
He tried to adjust the "Voice in Noise" setting and made them completely unusable.
So he rolled the adjustment back and informed me "that's as good as it gets".
I live in a small town and the 5 available audiologists are not proficient on these devices nor the Target software. 3 of the 5 won't touch Phonak.
They're all happy to sell me new aids, but frankly what I have would work fine for me if I could just get them programmed correctly and completely.
I've read all the documentation on these devices and know what they are capable of but can't find anyone local (200 mile radius) who can program them proficiently.
I know I need Phonak Target 6.1 software and a Phonak Cube II. I can find the Cube II but can't find the software.
There is also an online course on the Target software on the Audiology Online Website that I plan to enroll in once I have acquired the necessary software & hardware.
I'm not interested in opinions about the ethics of this, I just want to maximize the quality of my hearing ability and am willing to accept the responsibility of doing so.
Any help anyone can lend is appreciated. Opinions, not so much.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Resurrecting this old request with a new answer; Look for recent requests of (Phonak Target 8.1.2 or latest) or post your own request over on the -> DIY School (v2.1) thread. In a DIY School PDF file named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) you will find a suggestion procedure for obtaining the fitting software.

Last edited:
Back