SUCCESS!!

Reaction score
I got new moulds today and they fit very nicely. I had that test where they play sound to learn where you hear at with the hearing aids on. It was so weird! My machine i was hooked to talked about carrots.
not too terribly loud and the cool thing was i could see how i hear when it was talking! :D
She understood why they are sore when i have fluid backed in my ears however i wore them in the office. I am wearing them now as they are so much more comfortable!

Back to the test!
There are these small wires/probe things that go in your ears and they are virtually painless. Mine were set too low for some strange reason. I have smaller ear canals so mine needed to be turned up. I did lose some hearing but also gained some which is so weird! I have fluid in my ears so it's hard to say. The audiologist was much more herself today. :) They are so much more comfortable now and she let me make the decision to go through with the test or not. I said 'since this is an ongoing problem it's probably best because judging by the tympanometry (spelling) it's probably a good day to do this, save for the right ear. So we went ahead and did so. Fluid that is chronic in the ears needs to be taken seriously so i need to gauge how i hear vs when the fluid is in vs when it is not.

Back to the hearing aids. There's no more feed back! I knew something wasn't right about the fit. The left ear i picked yup lots of sounds but the right ear was/is now my bad ear. We've switched. XD! Anywhere from mild to profound hearing loss depending on the situation but she wouldn't call me deaf, just hard of hearing. I still have those good signals and the hearing nerve is still intact which is a good thing. A person can learn a lot from their audiologist at their appointment if they...pardon me...listen to them. I also had a regular hearing test too. It lasted a whole hour for this session.

Back