Tinnitus

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get spontaneous tinnitus, and the high but quiet pitch noise lasts for about 15-20 seconds then it goes away. Does anyone else have this problem?

For those that don't know, noise or ringing in the ears is called "Tinnitus."

I understand one way to prevent tinnitus is reducing the noise you expose your ears to and avoid listening to very loud music. There are 50 million Americans who suffer from tinnitus. Damn. :mad:

I can't really tell what tinnitus sounds like.

I might have it too and not know it.

What exactly do you hear when you have it? Is it the same sound for everyone or does it vary by the individual?

I can't really tell what tinnitus sounds like.

I might have it too and not know it.

What exactly do you hear when you have it? Is it the same sound for everyone or does it vary by the individual?

It varies. I would say I have it 24/7 but only notice it when someone mentions tinnitus (thanks Alex :D ) or when I don't have my HAs in.

I have both low freq (humming) & high freq (hard to describe). Probably because I both types of losses.

It varies. I would say I have it 24/7 but only notice it when someone mentions tinnitus (thanks Alex :D ) or when I don't have my HAs in.

I have both low freq (humming) & high freq (hard to describe). Probably because I both types of losses.

That sounds like what I hear. I have no idea if it's tinnitus. All day everyday, and really I don't notice it anymore because it's been so long, it's kind of like a whooshy noise, you're late deafened right? It's kind of like what you hear when you hold a conch shell to your ear, it sounds like the ocean. but occasionally it will ring and all of a sudden ring really high and loud, a few times it even was painful like I'm getting stabbed in the ear, lasting for a few seconds then going away. I remember explaining this to someone, I can't remember if it was an audi, the nurse at the experts office I saw in Boston, long time ago I forget, but she said "oh it was probably doing that already you just happened to notice it". No. Why do they do that? I'm telling you it gets really loud, I'm noticing because it gets really loud and high. pffft

Well, the weird sounds I hear is hard to describe. I'll have to figure out a good description soon.

It's random, but it's something I can actually induce or stop based on what I'm physically doing.

Mine is 24/7 loud ringing in my ears. I have had for as long as I can remember. I have never see a doctor about it. I don't thing there is anything they can do anyways.

Mine is 24/7 loud ringing in my ears. I have had for as long as I can remember. I have never see a doctor about it. I don't thing there is anything they can do anyways.
If yours is 24/7, does it bother you all the time or sometimes?

I get really loud ringing in my ears every now and then (maybe once a week) but it doesn't last too long, thankfully. I can't imagine how tinnitus sufferers feel; I think I might go a little crazy if it were 24/7.

I get really loud ringing in my ears every now and then (maybe once a week) but it doesn't last too long, thankfully. I can't imagine how tinnitus sufferers feel; I think I might go a little crazy if it were 24/7.
What does the ringing sound like?

Well, the weird sounds I hear is hard to describe. I'll have to figure out a good description soon.

It's random, but it's something I can actually induce or stop based on what I'm physically doing.
Here's the best description I can think of at this moment...

It sounds like an extremely rusty door hinge. Ever open the door to hear it squeak? Then close and re-open the door very slowly to hear that weird stuttering squeaking sound?

Well, that's what I hear.

What does the ringing sound like?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, um, definately a ringing but not like a bell, more like a vibrating ring, like the echo after they ring a big church bell. It's fairly loud and rings quickly. Mid to high tone, I'd say. A bit like 4 of those really old telephones ringing all at once, at slightly different times.

My tinnitus is random, transient and occurs in both ears, but thankfully not at the same time.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, um, definately a ringing but not like a bell, more like a vibrating ring, like the echo after they ring a big church bell. It's fairly loud and rings quickly. Mid to high tone, I'd say. A bit like 4 of those really old telephones ringing all at once, at slightly different times.
Ah, sounds annoying.

have tinnitus in the right ear on a daily basis. Have had it for years and years. The sound changes, sometimes it's a ringing, buzzing, sirens, etc. It's crazy. Sometimes I even feel like I'm in a sound booth during a hearing test because the tinnitus will mimick the tones/beeps from the hearing test.

Mine is almost 24/7 loud ringing in my ears...gets on my nerves A LOT.. but I have learned to tune it out.. and it is less noticeable when I have my aids in and I am busy "listening" .. to the world.. but when my ears are out.. it is there and drives me nuts

Back