Update and what to expect at my next appointment.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My new hearing aids work very well for me. I sometimes forget I have them on. At first there is a blocked feeling but then it goes away. To review my colours I chose were orange mould and purple ears. XD! :) i love how I don't have to turn the tv volume up very loud any more. I can't catch certain words at times but for the most part I am impressed. Dad likes it when I watch tv in the morning with my hearing aids and he can sleep even though his hearing is worse than mine. I am also curious. I was told they would screen them next time to make sure they are working okay? What sort of test does that involve? If someone can shed some light on the subject that would be a great asset please. Thanks for your time all. Also for those of you wondering if I do hear my own voice at all it only sounds like I am on the cell phone for a bit and then that goes away very quickly. The only really bad thing is that one time recently my hair got caught in the battery door. Ow! I am thinking of also asking her to put the HA's on digital to the tv some how? I know they can do that and it would be very nice.

glad to hear you love it!!! (they may do the verification through the computer or the machine that does it more!)
the machine that does it more looks like this:
AudioscanVerifit2Resize1.jpeg

thanks! That looks sorta neat actually! So this machine helps test the hearing aids? The only thing I will admit I'm bad with is taking only one so I can look at it for a second out of fascination and then place it back in. XD! I also discovered that the controller is now dead! I will have to get that replaced as well. The aids still work fine. :)

thanks! That looks sorta neat actually! So this machine helps test the hearing aids? The only thing I will admit I'm bad with is taking only one so I can look at it for a second out of fascination and then place it back in. XD! I also discovered that the controller is now dead! I will have to get that replaced as well. The aids still work fine. :)

yep, it will test it and also measure as well!

I have another question on that. Are the sounds loud so I know what to prepare myself for? Also I was told I didn't need to make an appointment, only my hearing aid tubes need to be checked, I forgot to tell her, one of the aids, the right one, eats batteries while the left one holds okay. :O! I think I will ask if they do this to make certain everything is working okay. To be safe. :)

I have another question on that. Are the sounds loud so I know what to prepare myself for? Also I was told I didn't need to make an appointment, only my hearing aid tubes need to be checked, I forgot to tell her, one of the aids, the right one, eats batteries while the left one holds okay. :O! I think I will ask if they do this to make certain everything is working okay. To be safe. :)

sometimes it can be! (as for the tubing, replacing both would be a great idea too!)

sometimes it can be! (as for the tubing, replacing both would be a great idea too!)
ah okay! Thanks again. I think I will make an appointment to get everything checked out. The right one's batteries got eaten again last night. XD! I was told they last anywhere from 3 to 10 days, this one is making them expire near the end of the day. I can nearly wear them all day now, but i still like to take them out for an hour or two for a breather. Then they go back in. The left one I rarely have any problems at all. I hear fairly well out of them though is it normal to sometimes turn the volume up with one or both on occasion and then turn them back down?

ah okay! Thanks again. I think I will make an appointment to get everything checked out. The right one's batteries got eaten again last night. XD! I was told they last anywhere from 3 to 10 days, this one is making them expire near the end of the day. I can nearly wear them all day now, but i still like to take them out for an hour or two for a breather. Then they go back in. The left one I rarely have any problems at all. I hear fairly well out of them though is it normal to sometimes turn the volume up with one or both on occasion and then turn them back down?

it's normal for the volume, I do that too!
have you tried different batteries? Duracell and PowerOne worked for me :)

Ah okay! i wasn't certain on that. Thanks for the verification and on the batteries as well. I have one in now. XD! Going to get the other soon. i don't like to subject my ears to too much yet as I'm a relatively new user. I called again to make sure and I have an appointment on the 16th and they are going to do the check to see if it is doing okay. Knowing me I'll likely jump like a cat. I heard the sewing machine two nights ago for the first time with hearing aids in. I can hear it but apparently there are sounds I have been missing. I have a home embroidery machine that was given as a gift. It's nice to listen to. She told me my check would be on a computer! This is going to be neat. :)

Ah okay! i wasn't certain on that. Thanks for the verification and on the batteries as well. I have one in now. XD! Going to get the other soon. i don't like to subject my ears to too much yet as I'm a relatively new user. I called again to make sure and I have an appointment on the 16th and they are going to do the check to see if it is doing okay. Knowing me I'll likely jump like a cat. I heard the sewing machine two nights ago for the first time with hearing aids in. I can hear it but apparently there are sounds I have been missing. I have a home embroidery machine that was given as a gift. It's nice to listen to. She told me my check would be on a computer! This is going to be neat. :)

ok :)

Back