Getting new Oticon Intent 1's soon

pvc

Reaction score
I took the hearing test today at the VA.

Their sound-proof room (not booth) is a wonder to behold. It's as big as a regular fitting room with a screen inside the sound-proof room so you can watch the generated charts while various tests are being performed. There are two (human size walk-thru) doors to the sound-proof room. First they close one door, and then close the other door behind it. Zero external noise.

No headphones, they just insert speakers into your ears. No button to press. You just say "Yes" when you hear the beep Also, you can just speak to repeat the phrases during SIN/Speech-In-Noise tests that have varying levels of background noise. So no headphones, no microphones, no button press.

Though, the VA's hearing test equipment is not yet capable of running the → (ACT - Audible Contrast Threshold) test. So I will have to get by without that new SIN/Speech-In-Noise measurement technology. Though, the VA's repeat-spoken-phrases while the background noise gets worse and worse seems to be acceptable. Though, I don't know yet how my SIN test score will be applied during first fit, as opposed to simply entering an ACT number in the Genie 2 fitting software??

I will be getting a new charger and I cannot use the previous charger because Intents use (+/-)Contact charging as opposed to the Contactless charging used for previous models. New custom molds too. New molds are required because the receiver technology is new and of a different physical size.

My new Audiogram shows a small extra loss in 2K frequency on my right ear otherwise it is almost the same as my previous/older Audiogram. I will include the new Audiogram in my Signature below (which is always-visible when you are logged in).

My appointment for fitting the Oticon Intent 1's is pushed way back to July 23rd. Yikes, I will try to sneak in earlier if someone cancels.

PVC Audiogram.jpg

Last edited:
Have you seen the size-comparison image that has been bandied about? I don't believe it's an accurate representation of the size difference!

Today I was holding The Oticon Intent side-by-side with my Oticon More. The Intent is not that much shorter!

I have drawn a solid-thick white line on the image below to represent where I think is a more accurate representation of the size difference, and I will try to provide images later to show side-by-side comparison. Though, it will take a month or two until I have both in hand.

c1.jpg

Back