Limiting client database session proliferation

pvc

Reaction score
Perhaps this will be a new DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF file. I dunno yet?

First let's review some rules about client sessions;
  • Each client has multiple sessions
  • You can have as many sessions as you want
  • Sessions are permanent and never-ever overwritten
Tip 1: Assuming your hearing aids were professionally fit and maybe even had (best practice)-REM/Real Ear Measurement changes applied. During your very first fitting session, use the settings from the HAs and then (immediately) save the settings to Both the hearing aids and the database without changing any of the settings. That’s it! You are done. Easy/Peasy, right? The first database session is now (and always will be) a copy of your Original Professional Settings.

But now let's talk about whether you wish to organize/limit the number of future fitting sessions (or not)? Client database session proliferation is likely to occur in a DIYer's database and not in a professional audiologist database. Why? Because DIYers like to experiment and may go off on a testing-tangent that results in adding a large number of fitting sessions.

The additional sessions are likely mostly the same, or worse (of no historical value because you decided to scrap the experimental fitting sessions, and revert back to your previous settings. When going off on a tangent I like to create a new temporary client for testing. After testing (and if I like the tested changes), then I can apply the tested changes to my real client, and optionally delete the test client. On the other hand (if I don't like the changes), then I can revert my hearing aid settings back to the settings from the real database (last session), and optionally delete the test client.

Let's look at the difference in client database sessions proliferation:

Scenario #1 I like the changes - Real Client (Larry Katari)
Session 1; Original Professional Settings
Session 2; Adjustments for SIN/Speech In Noise

Scenario #2 I don't like the changes - Real Client (Larry Katari)
Session 2; Revert back to Previous Settings

Scenario#3 (no effort to minimize client database sessions proliferation) Real Client (Larry Katari)
Session 2; Adjustments for SIN (Speech-In-Noise) Tweak
Session 3; Adjustments for SIN/Undo Tweak
Session 4; Adjustments for SIN/Second Tweak
Session 5; Adjustments for SIN/another Tweak
Session 6; Adjustments for SIN/another Tweak
Session 7; Adjustments for SIN/another Tweak
etc, etc, etc - depending on how much experimentation

Last edited:
Making this (Limiting client database session proliferation) a new section in the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named;
  • (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids)
A semi-permanent access portal for DIY School is available to you by request. The access portals were previously publicly available and will be publicly available again in the future. But for now the access portals are only available by request.

Back