video link about → How to DIY Program Hearing Aids Yourself from BRIAN

pvc

Reaction score
Clip from the updated portion of DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids);
Very informative video. You should watch it. It's long, over one hour.

Education via Utube Video:
Thanks to HoH-Community member @raylock1 for this video link about → How to DIY Program Hearing Aids Yourself from BRIAN (@hearing club) or (BRIAN @the hearing club). I am unsure about the various hearing-club handles since we have been buying flex connects and battery pill adapters from a similar-named website for many years?

The video is about Philips HearSuite fitting software for Philips 9030/9040/9050 hearing aids. But the video easily translates to Oticon/Bernafon, and the concept itself can be applied to most other hearing aid brands.

For DIYers, I recommend setting Target Gain acclimatization time period to 100% and forego the initial partial volume phase that allows you to become accustomed to the amplified sounds of hearing aids. You may need the acclimatization time period when you are new to hearing aids, But how the heck are you going to determine what settings are best for you when the volume is artificially turned down?

Caveat/Warning about this above-linked (and very excellent video); Note that whenever you use the “Set to target” feature (designated with the little rifle-scope bulls-eye icon), then you are destroying your previous settings. Your previous settings will be replaced whenever a new (Rx/Prescription) is calculated to produce new gain settings. Thus, it is important for you to read and understand a below (Step 4 – Save your Original Professional Settings (if any) before you destroy your original settings without saving them first. Also note there is no “Pairing” between hearing aids and the fitting software, only “Connect”. Though you may need to off/on cycle the hearing aids in preparation for “Connect”.

Last edited:
I am not saying this is what you should do!
I'm just saying this gives you insight on the vast number of settings that can be adjusted.

Back