Another new guy

CraigJS

Reaction score
Just saying hello. I've needed HA's for quite a while, just not sure what type, brands etc. I wish you all the best and look forward to posting with you all.
CraigJS

Just saying hello. I've needed HA's for quite a while, just not sure what type, brands etc. I wish you all the best and look forward to posting with you all.
CraigJS

Craig,
Welcome aboard. As for getting hearing aids: get HA's that will give you the best hearing and don't worry about the vanity part since very few people will notice or care about you wearing hearing aids. The most important part of getting hearing aids that work for you is finding either an audiologist or HIS that you like, can work with and knows what they are doing.

As for brands the major companies are: Phonak, Oticon, Starkey, Siemens, Widex, Rexton, Bernafon, Resound, and maybe a couple more that I'm leaving out. Since these are your first I would try several different ones and see which ones sound the best and work the best for you. Most states require a trial period of usually 30 days, where you can take the aids back if you don't like them. Costco and Sam's Club offer a 90 day trial and will give you all of your money back if you return the HA's; audiologist and HIS will keep some of your money for expenses occurred which is usually 10-15%. If you were ever in the military you can get HA's from the VA for free or very little cost.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Back