Battery quantity to purchase

carbuff

Reaction score
Greetings

I have purchased hearing aids for the first time and ask for recommendations regarding the quantity of batteries to purchase at one time.

My aids use 312 size.

Is it best from a cost standpoint as well as convenience to purchase a years quantity at a time or to buy on a month or two basis? The assumption being that the failure date printed on the battery is a minimum of one year hence.

Hearing Aid Batteries

Purchasing batteries in large quantities is just fine. Just make sure you are purchasing from a busy store so that your not buying old stock.

Greetings

I have purchased hearing aids for the first time and ask for recommendations regarding the quantity of batteries to purchase at one time.

My aids use 312 size.

Is it best from a cost standpoint as well as convenience to purchase a years quantity at a time or to buy on a month or two basis? The assumption being that the failure date printed on the battery is a minimum of one year hence.

A pack of 40 312 batteries from Costco will last you about 20 weeks, that's probably enough for the first time and it will cost you less than $10

Based upon my calculations of wearing hearing aids in both ears seventeen hours each day and that size 312 batteries will last for a period of six days, I expect to use a total of 120 batteries per year.

The unit cost of batteries contained in the Costco Kirkland 40-pack (including tax) is .$25 per battery.

The unit cost of batteries contained in the Amazon Power One 60-pack (no tax) is $.28 per battery.

Thus, the difference in annual cost between these two brands is a negligible $3.60.

The determining factor regarding which battery to use in the future after my trial of each will be the battery that actually provides the longest lasting period.

I thank you who have provided information in this matter.

Back