Change in hearing. help!

Buttercup

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. A little background about me. I lost my hearing at 4 years old due to Otitis Media. I am now almost 30 years old. I have a BTE 10 year old Widex.

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks my hearing has changed quite dramatically. I am curious as to whether it's my actual hearing, or my aid.

I used to be able to hear slightly without it, but now I am finding that I cannot. When wearing it, I now have the volume all the way up, and it is still not loud enough. Certain sounds have also changed - running water, clinking forks against a dish, locking a bathroom door - they all sound different now.

I recently had the tube replaced, and tried several new batteries to see if that was the case, but it's not. Any advice?? is it my actual hearing or the aid?

Also, is it normal for an ear that has an aid to always be itchy and leaking fluid? I was told it was just my ear reacting to the aid, but it's been like this for many, many years.

Please help!

When was the last time you were seen by an ENT? If your ear is leaking fluid you need to go see one ASAP. It sounds like you might have a lot of fluid in your ears but only a doctor will be able to tell if this is true.

Your 10 year old HA might be part of your problem also and it's probably past the time it should of been replaced.

I think it was your aid not your actual hearing because most of the time I has been noticed that the person who is suffering from hearing loss is facing these problem because after few years since they suffered from this problem. For this you must talk to your audiologist.

Back