Confused- Widex Dreams 110, Sonic Flip 60, Starkey or Siemens ?

rrrsaraf

Reaction score
Hi! My mother has in Left Ear "Mixed hearing loss" & in Right Ear "Moderate Steep Sloping Seajorineural hearing loss" as per hear report.

For the last 2 years she has been using Widex Menu 9 in one ear and Menu 19 in the other. Recently she lost the right ear aid, so she has been advised to go for RIC type hearing aid to get better hearing. She has been advised 100 dB receiver for left and 80 dB for right.

The following options have been advised:

Widex Dreams 110 (RIC, 3 channel) was recommended by the audiologist, both the audiologist informed that Widex in India is currently facing issues with repairs as their servicing team has changed.

The audiologist suggested Sonic Flip 60 (RIC, Full channel) as an alternative to Widex Dreams 110, saying it is 8-10% better than Widex Dreams 110. He said while Widex Dreams 110 has 3 channels, Sonic has Speech variable processing i.e. full channel.

However, the second audiologist said not to go for Sonic. She suggested Starkey which she said is better in quality. However, the first audiologist said Starkey battery lasts 3 days compared to 20 days for Sonic, although Starkey is a good product, the processor seems to be consuming more battery and should be avoided.

Both audiologists said Siemens analogue aids are good but their digital aids lag behind in technology.

It seems that the audiologists are advising to buy the make which they are selling. I find myself totally confused and scared to buy any product with the fear that i may go wrong.

My mother is about 63 years, not very active, she wants to be able to understand group conversation (which she cant presently understand in Widex Menu series BTE, model ME-9 & ME-19). Further she likes to watch TV and talk on mobile phone and landline phone.

I would be grateful if you could please advise the make & model for my mother.

Back