Earmolds for Phonak

One of the two persons in this chain needs to use a hearing aid programming device (Noahlink Wireless), right? It doesn't eliminate the need for using a hearing aid programming device. It just shifts the requirement to another person.

In my case, both persons would be me. Therefore I would still need to buy Noahlink Wireless.

BBL - be back later. I have an initial hearing appointment for getting Oticon Intent 1's :D

Last edited:
One of the two persons in this chain needs to use a hearing aid programming device (Noahlink Wireless), right? It doesn't eliminate the need for using a hearing aid programming device. It just shifts the requirement to another person.

In my case, both persons would be me. Therefore I would still need to buy Noahlink Wireless.
It is only the first time that Noahlink wireless is required for programming. After you have successfully switched on the Remote Support function of your hearing aids, you do not need a programmer when you use Remote Support to adjust your hearing aids, and the path of the data transfer is: Phonak Target on your computer - Phonak Remote Support server - myPhonak APP on your smartphone - Phonak hearing aids.

Okay, allow me to say what I think you are saying using some different words. I think you are saying that Phonak Remote Support (which I am guessing is a cloud-storage database) can be saved initially using Phonak Target and Noahlink Wireless.

Once the Phonak Remote Support database has been created, then you can proceed to use only
  • Phonak Target
  • myPhonak APP on your smartphone
to make any fitting adjustments that are allowed in Phonak Target.

I am very surprised that Phonak doesn't require Phonak Account Login??
Maybe Phonak will require Phonak Account Login at some future time??

But I still don't see how that helps standalone DIYers. Who will do the initial programming with Noahlink Wireless required?

But it is very interesting.

Okay, allow me to say what I think you are saying using some different words. I think you are saying that Phonak Remote Support (which I am guessing is a cloud-storage database) can be saved initially using Phonak Target and Noahlink Wireless.

Once the Phonak Remote Support database has been created, then you can proceed to use only
  • Phonak Target
  • myPhonak APP on your smartphone
to make any fitting adjustments that are allowed in Phonak Target.

I am very surprised that Phonak doesn't require Phonak Account Login??
Maybe Phonak will require Phonak Account Login at some future time??

But I still don't see how that helps standalone DIYers. Who will do the initial programming with Noahlink Wireless required?

But it is very interesting.
For DIYers who can't afford Noahlink wireless, he can try to ask his hearing aid dispenser/audiologist for the initial programming data/sessions of his hearing aids, or borrow someone else's Noahlink wireless for the initial programming, and will be able to continue to programme his hearing aids without Noahlink wireless using Remote Support.
For DIYers who are not at home but want to adjust their hearing aids, he can use the Remote Support to adjust his hearing aids without Noahlink wireless using the Remote Control App on his smartphone to control his home computer.

Okay, I see that it could be useful in some situations.

Have you tested to see if this works using different computers? That is, when the first computer that creates the Phonak Remote Support, and the second computer that reads and updates Phonak Remote Support, are different computers.

I would offer to test that myself. But I don't have Phonak Hearing Aids.

Okay, I see that it could be useful in some situations.

Have you tested to see if this works using different computers? That is, when the first computer that creates the Phonak Remote Support, and the second computer that reads and updates Phonak Remote Support, are different computers.

I would offer to test that myself. But I don't have Phonak Hearing Aids.
Yes, I have tested copying data/sessions from one computer to another and Remote Support works fine. You have to choose the same country when you install Phonak Target on both computers, otherwise Phonak Target won't recognize if the hearing aids and myPhonak are paired or not and you won't be able to enable RemoteSupport.

Oh!! I am surprised again, about this back-door being left open. It seems like you could;
  • Purchase Phonak hearing aids
  • Talk your Audiologist into providing one remote fitting
  • then self fit your hearing aids using Target plus the Remote Control App (without a hearing aid programming device)
Thanks for this @menglxs :cool: I think this deserves its own separate forum topic. I will create one.

Last edited:
Back