Hearing Aid selection help question

Al3x

Reaction score
Hello

I want to buy new RIC-hearing aids, and did not jet descide about the brand.
One point for my choice would be the question for which brand I can get the easyest access to DIY??
Your PDF with the manufatueres only list their technologies without suggestions.

Under "easy access to DIY" i have two points:
- easy to find/setup required software
- ability to perform a simple hearing test (by using the hearing aid to act as hearing test by plaing tones in different frequencys/loudness) – is there any hearing aid which offers that?

I have on one ear 20-60 dB lose and on the other 40-80 dB.
After some research I endet up with 4 options:
- Oticon Intent miniRITE
- Sinia pure IX
- Phonak Audéo Lumity or Life
- ReSound Nexia

The first 3 seem to be only available as rechargable. I am little sceptical abour rechargables, with my be out of service if i accidently need them while battery empty. That could not happen with Battery, but Battery seems to be only available at Resound?
Of the 3 rechargables the Oticon is the only one where I can replace the accu myself? Or did they remove this option on the new Intent model?

Greetings
Alex

Last edited:
Starkey have insitu hearing test inside the software inspire x

Hi Alex;
All the fitting software you mentioned is available and I believe that each also has an option for in-Situ hearing threshold measurements. Please read a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF File named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) for detailed information about software availability.

The Oticon Intent model is not yet available and Oticon does have a choice of disposable batteries in other currently available models. So perhaps a disposable battery Intent model may possibly be available in the future? I dunno?

Rechargeable battery replacement for the future Oticon Intent model is an unknown? It's a new battery, larger, size=13, no other details, so we don't know yet? "Stay tuned" ;)

This is a link to currently known → Oticon Intent charger capabilities Will a travel version for the charger (for multiple charge cycles) be released in the future? I dunno?

You can load an image of your Audiogram and then link that image in your Signature line. See my Signature for an example and see this topic for instructions → Linking an image of your Audiogram/Hearing Loss in Forum Signature

Last edited:
Back