Hearing aid stuffiness in ears?

Reaction score
Does anyone else get that stuffy or blocked feeling while wearing full ear moulds? I also keep finding mine need more adjustment. The right one keeps fading on me. Maybe i need a new one or just an adjustment. How long do warranties last for these? The other thing is it may need a cleaning. I tend to get wax a lot! how's everyone enjoying their hearing aids? Mine are comfortable but my right one pinches sometimes. I think now that my job is going well I can take care of that.

Sounds like you're experiencing occlusion? That can be common if you have ITE hearing aids. What kind of hearing aids do you have? Warranties vary based on manufacturer. Yeah wax build up can be a problem too. If you can have your wax removed that might help too.

Sounds like you're experiencing occlusion? That can be common if you have ITE hearing aids. What kind of hearing aids do you have? Warranties vary based on manufacturer. Yeah wax build up can be a problem too. If you can have your wax removed that might help too.

I have behind the ear hearing aids with full shell moulds. i discovered the problem this morning as I witnessed ear wax fell out when I was bobbing my head side to side to the music on tv!! You were right on the money and I was beginning to suspect as such!! :) Thanks very much for your input.

I get this too!! (hopefully I can get some nice new clean earmolds if I get new hearing aids too)

It is quite common with custom earmolds to experience this. It could be that the vents in your earmolds need to be enlarged. This will help prevent that "plugged" feeling of occlusion, but it can also lead to increased feedback noise on older, less capable hearing aids. If you have really small ear-holes, that can be tricky to fix, too. If it's something you are experiencing only part of the time, then you might only need to have those vents cleaned out. There are some pretty cheap (inexpensive) tools you can use to clear the vents without damaging the earmold.

Sometimes when the earmold is cold in the morning the buildup inside is solid and caked on the edges, allowing air to pass, but when they warm up and that buildup starts to melt, it can block the vent completely.

Back