Hearing loss linked to smoking?

I would not be surprised if smoking damaged your hearing. I mean look what it does to your lungs and other organs! They are also finding that smokers who also drink have a much higher chance of developing cancer of the esophagus, my own brother in law died from this cancer and he was a heavy smoker and drinker and come to think of it his hearing wasn't too good either.

Yes cigarette smoking may cause the hearing loss because by research it was find that 70% of smokers are suffering from hearing loss problem as compared to other non-smokers. But the non smokers who are living with smokers are also suffered from hearing problem.
I just go through the article given here, great article regarding hear loss by smoking, so I just want to suggest that don't smoke and save yourself and also the environment in which you are surviving.

A lot of factors can contribute to hearing loss. Here's a good guide of causes, and I think the general thought is that smoking does indeed contribute to hearing loss (Along with a host of other issues within the body - it's really not good for you!) I hope this is useful info!

Oh my God. Does smoking got something to do with hearing? So I should be stop using cigars. I smoke and my dad had this issue so I should be controlling my smoking or else I would be in the unsafe zone.

I'm socked with this news smoking linked with hearing loss. I think its crucial case when this happen to lose her hearing.

Yes cigarette smoking may cause the hearing loss because by research it was find that 70% of smokers are suffering from hearing loss problem as compared to other non-smokers. But the non smokers who are living with smokers are also suffered from hearing problem.
I just go through the article given here, great article regarding hear loss by smoking, so I just want to suggest that don't smoke and save yourself and also the environment in which you are surviving.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Back