How often do you change the battery in your hearing aid?

Changing hearing aid battery

• Every few days (1-3 days)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • About a week (6-7 days)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • About 1.5 weeks (10-12 days)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • About 2 weeks (14+ days)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • About 3 weeks (21+ days)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

X

Reaction score
How often do you change the battery?

If you want to share your hearing aid model and type that would be great too. Would be nice to know if there's a difference between brands or models.

I noticed I have to change my hearing aid (Phonak) battery (Duracell size 13) every 7-9 days.

I get close to 3 weeks out of mine (675's).
We must remember that it's not just the quality of the batteries, but the strength of the HAs and how long we were them each day and if we use them with assitive devices.

I get close to 3 weeks out of mine (675's).
We must remember that it's not just the quality of the batteries, but the strength of the HAs and how long we were them each day and if we use them with assitive devices.
That's why it's usually wise to consider when we REALLY need to wear our hearing aids.

Some people think they HAVE to wear their hearing aids EVERYWHERE no matter what (except for sleep). Those are the ones whose batteries usually last the shortest. ;)

That's why it's usually wise to consider when we REALLY need to wear our hearing aids.

Some people think they HAVE to wear their hearing aids EVERYWHERE no matter what (except for sleep). Those are the ones whose batteries usually last the shortest. ;)
Sounds like me! Can't go one with my day without wearing a hearing aid. ;)

Mine last about 2 weeks, size 13 (Costco batteries) Oticon Vigo Pro's. However, if I take the batteries out and tape over the holes each night I get another 4-5 days out of them. I also have a pair of Agil Pro's with 312 batteries and I get about 7-9 days out of those. I wear my HA's a least 14 hours a day.

Even if the battery door is open the batteries are "working" since they are still using air, the only way to stop this is to re tape the holes and deprive them of air. What I have found that causes the battery to die quicker is doing a lot of Streamer use like watching TV or talking on the phone. However, this only shortens their life by a day or two.

My Phonak Q90 batteries (312) last 6 days, I wear them all the time and do a lot of streaming of TV and ipad. You can find out all about batteries at www.habex.com
Warren

Back