More Hearing loss?

Reaction score
I have encountered more hearing loss from sinusitis and when i asked the receptionist to make an appointment to get that checked she refused and said it might be the hearing aids need cleaning. She said 'i was not in there that long ago blah blah blah, etc, etc.'. Why does this happen with every place I go to? The service slides off the handle when one purchases hearing aids from there it seems. I should be glad I suppose i got them but sometimes turning up the volume does not help me. All I need is for someone to make sure I have lost hearing and to re-set the volume on the HA's? Is that too much to ask? Also her tone changed when she told me that they wouldn't be able to make anything til December and that i didn't need to make an appointment for a cleaning. She said if i brought them in then and saw it was not cleaning that was the issue they would go from there. *Thumps head on desk* why do some people have to bang on doors more to get what they want and others...all they got to do is call in? The one that fit me said i could come in at any time. My hearing does indeed change with the sinusitis. Perhaps when i go see my ENT in Feb. I'll let him know this. Anybody else had this level of trouble over two small devices? =/

yeah, ENT might be a good idea too (I'm there for earwax removal since my canals are really small) as for that woman, she's a load of shit

the original woman who was in charge of the place left for a while on maternity leave. She was really good. I do not like who she has left in charge at all. I have the same problem! My ear canals are very small. I had to be fit with a BTE style for those reasons. We're going in Friday to make sure someone does the right thing.

I wore my hearing aids a good portion for today and kept having to turn them up a lot and normally i don't need to. It is definitely a sign that they need to be reprogrammed. For now at least. This has been going on for the past two months. Dad even found it a little silly to come in with no appointment. He always had to make one. I really hope the original audiologist comes back soon. D=! I also agree with your final statement too.

Back