My first HAs

Reaction score
I have had my first pair of hearing aids for two weeks. They are a CIC Phonak. I don't much like them at all. They seem to amplify all the background noise. Sometimes it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel which makes it harder to hear then it is without the hearing aids. Is this normal?

I have had my first pair of hearing aids for two weeks. They are a CIC Phonak. I don't much like them at all. They seem to amplify all the background noise. Sometimes it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel which makes it harder to hear then it is without the hearing aids. Is this normal?

It sounds like you haven't been back for any adjustments yet. Keep a journal listing all the problems you are having and when they happen and show it to your audiologist on the next visit. It's going to take some time to get the aids adjusted to your liking. Good luck.

I went for one adjustment and this problem of background noise started then. I'm not sure she really knew what she was doing. What's it normally like when they do adjustments? Do they have a calculated way of adjusting. She seemed to be randomly changing something then asking me how that sounded...but I couldn't tell because I was sitting in a quiet office where everything sounded good.

Best thing to do is keep the journal, it should help a lot. See if you can get in every couple days or at least once a week until you are close to liking how they sound and work for you. They all seem to make the adjustments in their quiet office and then ask you how it sounds, like you are really going to know. I told my audi I don't know but let me come back tomorrow and I might be able to tell you.

Back