My new hearing aids hurt my ears, is that normal? Phonak Cros II

Kokamo39

Reaction score
A month ago I got a trial set of Phonak Cros II hearing aids but am finding the biggest problem is that they hurt my ears. The sound difference (for my unilateral hearing loss, one very good ear, one useless ear) is maybe a 20% improvement, but what's affecting me the most is how uncomfortable they feel on the backs of my ears, to the point where I sometimes can't last more than a couple of hours. Is this normal as I get used to the hearing aids, or do I just have overly sensitive ears? I really want them to work, but am getting so frustrated with the discomfort, how long does it take until I won't even notice them?

I should say that it's not the model of hearings aids that's the issue, it's the fact that I'm wearing hearing aids for the very first time in my life. I've spoken to two other people & neither have experienced the discomfort I'm still feeling even after 6 weeks of wearing them. I think I must just have unusually shaped or very sensitive ears, has anyone else had that problem, I really want the discomfort to go away.

I am assuming that the hearing aids are "behind the ear" models. I would think that this is very unusual, especially after six weeks. I cannot think of anything that you could try either.. So sorry to hear you with this problem.

Back