My Phonak reverts to Automatic.

Big John

Reaction score
My Phonak reverts to "Automatic." What is the point of having "Restaurant," "Music," "TV," or a custom program (Big John) if My Phonak reverts to "Automatic." Surely the designers must have had some idea that if you change a setting you might want to enjoy that setting rather than being forced back to "Automatic!"
Any work-arounds??

Big John

Revert to "Automatic" when? The next day? Or, when you power cycle the HAs (Off/On)/or remove them from the charger?

Randomly. When I close the App. When I get a notification. When I get a phone call.

Phonak loves to use Autosense to detect your sound environment and then automatically switch you to the correct program for that specific sound environment. Some ppl like it. During a Phonak trial, it made my wife jump out of her pants. So she quit wearing them.

Sorry I don't exactly know the answer for randomly. The last Phonaks that I programmed were very old/legacy hearing aids. My guess is that each of the events you described, has triggered a program switch, and then after exiting that event/programming switch, the default is to switch back to Autosense.

Though, I have a suggestion for where to get an answer. Ask your question in that other forum. But not in the DIY Category! It's not really a DIY question anyway! So leave DIY out of it, and ask in the main/hearing aids/Phonak category. Many Phonak wearers will likely provide advice.

Last edited:
I get this all the time if I change to one of the user-created programs settings in the app and leave the phone connected (via BT) but doing something else (i.e. with MyPhonak in the background).

I find that, if I change to a user-created setting, and then turn Bluetooth off, it seems to avoid the switching.

Because of this behaviour, I suspect it's something happening due to the phone/ MyPhonak app rather than happening solely in the HAs themselves.

Last edited:
Back