New hearing aids

suecsdy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the world of hearing aids. I bought my first pair last week. I'm wearing them a few hours each day to get accustomed to them. Other people sound fine to me, but when I speak, it sounds like I'm in a barrel. Is that normal? My hearing loss is only mild right now but I also have tinnitus. Apparently it runs in the family; my Mother and sisters all have tinnitus and 2 use hearing aids. After I saw the audiologist, I took the graph to my PCP for another opinion and she agreed that I should get them. Everything is so loud with these things! I barely have them set to "1". I do like the settings that cancel out the background noise though. Any advice, Please?

I bought MD Air. These are behind the ear hearing aids. Not the most expensive, but not bottom of the line either. I'm wearing them for several hours a day, but feel like I'm talking in a barrel every time I speak. Other people sound fine, it's just my own voice that is odd. My hearing loss is only mild at this point and I think I will keep them because I know hearing loss only gets worse with time. I talked to tech support and changed the ear tips from open to closed and it's helped a little. I don't know if I'll ever get used to these things.

I know Starkey has a free online tutorial on relearning to hear and what to expect

Back