Ordered New Aids Today

ttyndall

Reaction score
Well, I have not had hearing aids but one time about 15 years ago and at that time after 2 years lost one and could not afford another one.
Since then my hearing has got a lot worse so bit the bullet and ordered a set of Phonak Audeo B Directs today.
Originally went with the intention of ordering CIC's but decided to get the RIC's so I could try out the Bluetooth to my Samsung.
Get fitted next Thursday.
Since I don't have aids currently this will be a big change. I'll check back in after Thursday.
Ted

Got the Audeo B90 Directs today at 11am. Forgot about all the things people without hearing loss hear on a daily basis.
I tuned on the light switch and had forgot it clicked. I flushed the toilet and thought it was going to pull me in it made so much noise.
No wonder my cats run when I flush it.
I am starting to get use to the plugged feeling in my ears. I am listening to hard rain for the first time in a long time. Now I realize how loud the TV has been. My two cats are probably deaf by now.
I am in Florida and my wife is at her Mom's house in Nashville. I called her and listened to the ring in the hearing aids and answered
by pushing the button on the right aid. Talked for about 15 minutes and pushed the button and hung up. She never knew I was talking
with her through the hearing aids. I am at work and have taken about 4 calls and no one mentioned anything about my sound quality
or volume. I think I am going to love the direct connection to my Samsung Edge 7.
I go back in two weeks for fine tuning and increasing the volume.

Got the Audeo B90 Directs today at 11am. Forgot about all the things people without hearing loss hear on a daily basis.
I tuned on the light switch and had forgot it clicked. I flushed the toilet and thought it was going to pull me in it made so much noise.
No wonder my cats run when I flush it.
I am starting to get use to the plugged feeling in my ears. I am listening to hard rain for the first time in a long time. Now I realize how loud the TV has been. My two cats are probably deaf by now.
I am in Florida and my wife is at her Mom's house in Nashville. I called her and listened to the ring in the hearing aids and answered
by pushing the button on the right aid. Talked for about 15 minutes and pushed the button and hung up. She never knew I was talking
with her through the hearing aids. I am at work and have taken about 4 calls and no one mentioned anything about my sound quality
or volume. I think I am going to love the direct connection to my Samsung Edge 7.
I go back in two weeks for fine tuning and increasing the volume.

sounds like you're happy with them, that's awesome for you!! :)

I have had them 3 weeks now and it is a different world. My wife doesn't ask me anymore why the TV is so loud.
In fact I have to turn my aids down because she evidently has some hearing loss. I mentioned that to her and she blamed it on me for having the Tv so loud the last 20 years. I did not know whether to laugh or feel bad. Probably a lot of truth to her statement.
Love the direct connection to my Samsung. Did not take long to fall in love with that feature.
I have also got very use to the app on my phone being able to adjust volume. Once I get more proficient in using the buttons on the aids
I will probably not use the app as much.
So far so good.

Back