Phonak ComPilot and iPhone 5 Issues

2mnycars

Reaction score
first, I am so happy I have found you.

I have Phonak behind the ear aids due to exposure to noise. I have a ComPilot streamer making my cell phone use hands free. This is necessary for working at heights, in construction.

This combination worked well with my blackberry curve. however, they replaced it with an iPhone 5 for work.

I regularly get messages as "Bluetooth audio". then access to hearing aids programs is taken away for maybe 30 seconds. "Bluetooth audio" again and hearing aid control is restored.

I don't know how to stop this. any ideas?
Dave

Dave,

I have had a lot of trouble keeping anything made by Apple paired with my Oticon streamer through Bluetooth and have had to resort to using the patch cord to keep it connected. I have also heard other people with Phonak HA's having the same issues and I haven't heard of any other solutions that work.

It sounds like you are dropping the Bluetooth pairing and that is why you are getting the message.

The Bluetooth pairing is dropping out, basically unpairing and then repairing to the phone and that is why the message is coming through. You can probably turn the voice message off or have your audi do it through programming and you might not lose the hearing aid programming. For some reason Apple products have problems staying paired to HA Bluetooth devices. You could take the patch cord that should of come with your ComPilot and plug it into the iPhone jack and the ComPilot and see if you still get the message, if you do something else might be going on, if you don't the Bluetooth is dropping out and the two units aren't staying paired and that is why you are getting the message.

Back