Problem with my hearing aid - Phonak CIC Q 10

Hear

Reaction score
My left side ha suddenly stopped working yesterday. It is a phonak CIC Q 10. I have been using it since last 9 months only. What are the triggers for such problems?

Don't know what triggers it. I do not know if this is the same problem as yours but here is what I did when it happened to me. I took the battery out then I wrapped one time around with a loosly woven gause from the medical cabinet . Then I placed the aid inside a small bag of rice and put that bag on a dry shelf for three days. Then I took the aid out of all that and hair dried it with a hair dryer, making sure I did not get it too hot. Evidently it pickup moisture from water in my ear from a shower, or laying the aid on a table with water, sweating too much, or high humidity. It worked.

Hello,

I am a student in Utah State University. I am in need of some dire help. I need to to conduct a brief interview of people with hearing aid, cochlear implants, or parents of hearing aid/cochlear implant users for a school assignment. All information will be kept confidential. If you are willing to help please email me at ysassoon18@gmail.com

Back