Question about hearing aid mic's

corvairbob

Reaction score
i have phonak audeo hearing aids v30 312t aids. is there a mic i can get that will let me use to hear the conversations better thru bluetooth? i ask becasue i got a set of signia ax5 aids and the play thru the phone and i got a tv streamer for them and the doo well but i can't hear conversations very well with them. i have played with the program until i blue in the face and i just can't get them do do better but when i have the blue tooth running for the tv i can hear well with them. but the mic for those are almost 400$ but i do see mic's for the phonak for under 100$ plus i hear conversations better with the phonak than the signia so i'm wondering if getting a mic for the phonak might be better.

my brother has aids and he had to get a mic to hear conversation better also so that got me wondering if a mic may d a bit better? thanks

I saw this write-up for -> Phonak Audéo V30 (V-Venture) that described two accessories;
  • Phonak Conversation Set - The small and stylish Phonak ComPilot Air II Bluetooth streamer, combined with the RemoteMic, transmits a distant speaker's voice directly to both hearing aids over a distance of up to 20 meters (66 ft).
  • Phonak Entertainment Set - TVLink II, combined with ComPilot II provides high quality stereo sound directly to both hearing aids when watching TV or listening to music. 24 hours continuous streaming time and 30 meters range.
However!! These are very old and likely to give you problems. For example; RemoteMic uses a rechargeable battery. So buying a used device is going to have a dead battery, right? ComPilot Air II also has a rechargeable battery, same problem with dead battery, right?

I believe you will need (two devices) for this to work. What a hassle? I don't think this old microphone technology is worth the effort. Plus you will have to convince someone to wear the RemoteMic. This is too old and cumbersome, fuggedaboudit.

c2.jpg

Last edited:
And, using a RemoteMic strapped around one person's neck can create some odd situations. The "Mic'd Up" person's voice is dominant and requires your full attention. Even when the "Mic'd Up" person has left the immediate vicinity. This dominance can be confusing at times for example; if you are at a cocktail party and the "Mic'd Up" person is in another room while someone in your room is trying to converse with you. The dominant voice from the other room will tend to interrupt your local conversations (if any). Also the mic is still turned-on when the "Mic'd Up" person goes to the bathroom. Though, fortunately the remote microphone tends to only pickup sounds near the head. Pardon the pun :p

Back