Question on OTE aids

CraigJS

Reaction score
I'm new to getting HA's, wear glasses and am wondering how are OTE aids with eye glass wear? Thanks..

I'm new to getting HA's, wear glasses and am wondering how are OTE aids with eye glass wear? Thanks..

If you are talking behind the ear (BTE) you should have no problem wearing both glasses and hearing aids.

Agreed. I put them in my ears as soon as I dry my ears out after my morning shower and take them off (most of the time) right before I turn the T.V. off and go to sleep.

IIC Hearing Aids

Why you need hearing aid which are behind the ear.. you can go for hearing aids which fit in the canal and wont disturb your specs :). We also have 100% invisible hearing aids now a days.

Regards

HNR Speech and Hearing Clinic

protect from water

Agreed. I put them in my ears as soon as I dry my ears out after my morning shower and take them off (most of the time) right before I turn the T.V. off and go to sleep.

Hearing aids are electronic components which need to be protected from water. So u do the right job

Why you need hearing aid which are behind the ear.. you can go for hearing aids which fit in the canal and wont disturb your specs :). We also have 100% invisible hearing aids now a days

The vast majority of people wearing open-fit hearing aids also wear glasses. Most people can wear both glasses and over the ear or behind the ear hearing aids together comfortably. The exception is if your ears are very tight to your head or if you take your glasses off and on dozens of times a day. Some people who wear reading glasses instead of bifocals or progressive eyewear put on and take of their glasses frequently which can dislodge their hearing aids if they are not careful.

Sound Comfort often is not the same between Open-Fit hearing aids or custom hearing aids. It's not always a good idea to switch to an Invisible hearing aids as some people have said. Open fit hearing aids are especially beneficial for people with high frequency hearing loss as they allow people to keep hearing the low frequency sounds normally, where Invisible hearing aids effect the sound quality of all of the frequencies.

I've added a link to a section on our site that helps educate people on the difference between open-fit hearing aids and invisible hearing aids.

Hearing Aid Devices & Hearing Aid Technology | Clearly Hearing

One problem you can come across is if you have a small auricle, since you might not have enough room for a temple on your glasses and a BTE HA. Solutions to the problem could be getting glasses with smaller temples or getting a mini BTE.

Back