Silicon domes , etc.

Thesil

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been wearing Audeo Q90's since October. I have medium open domes on left ear and closed mediums on right hear. My HIS said that is best for me. I bought new Phonak domes and haven't changed them as yet. they seem to be clear of wax. I was wondering how often do most people change the domes. Also, the wax guards I haven't changed them either.

On another note, I am really not sure if the HA's are making much of a difference to me. I have mild to moderate loss, and I still seem to be missing things, especially in restaurants even with the restaurant setting. Its a little disconcerting as you know they are expensive. any advice would be helpful
Thank you

Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been wearing Audeo Q90's since October. I have medium open domes on left ear and closed mediums on right hear. My HIS said that is best for me. I bought new Phonak domes and haven't changed them as yet. they seem to be clear of wax. I was wondering how often do most people change the domes. Also, the wax guards I haven't changed them either.

On another note, I am really not sure if the HA's are making much of a difference to me. I have mild to moderate loss, and I still seem to be missing things, especially in restaurants even with the restaurant setting. Its a little disconcerting as you know they are expensive. any advice would be helpful
Thank you

Keep a journal where you list what problems you are having, where and when you are having them and show it to your HIS on the next visit. How many times have you been back since OCT for adjustments? You may not be at full amplification yet, since they usually start you off at 70-80% of your target and gradually bring it up. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks. I have been back many times since October. Also, can. U advise on the silicone domes?

You have an open dome on your left ear because your left ear likely has good hearing in the low tones, but drops into hearing loss in the middle and upper tones. You have a medium closed dome on the right ear likely because the right ear has poorer hearing in the low frequencies than the left ear does.

A closed dome seals more of the sound inside of the ear canal, allowing for more low tone amplification, but also creating a more unnatural sound quality. Feel free to change buds on your own and see if you have a preference between an open or closed bud on your right ear.

Hearing in noise is difficult. There are a lot of competing noises that distract you from hearing the speech at the table in a busy restaurant. Be patient with yourself, in time your brain will help the process of filtering noise, which will allow you to hear the speech better.

They type of hearing loss you have is very common and definitely best served with open-fit or RIC hearing aids, like the Phonak hearing aids you are wearing. I know the Audeo Q90 hearing aids can sell for more than $5000 dollars a pair which is crazy. We offer a similar hearing aid online that we sell for $998.00 per pair. It's called a SmartAid Digital Premium. Follow the link if you want to see just how similar they are.

Smart Aid Digital Premium | Clearly Hearing

Thank you

Back