Special offer on Oticon Alta Pro?

desertdude

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum and to the world of hearing aids. After years of knowing I have hearing loss, I recently took the plunge and got my hearing tested by a local audiologist. Results show a moderate to moderate plus hearing loss for both ears in the mid to upper frequencies. The audiologist recommended Oticon Alta Pros, and I've been using them on a 7-day free trial that can be extended to 30 days. So far I like them well enough except for the steep price ($6500/pair). Today I discovered a website for the Findlay Creek Hearing Clinic in Ontario, Canada, and they are touting a special price promotion offered by Oticon of $500 per unit, for a total price discount of $1000 for the Alta Pros (all models). The special offer is good to July 31, 2013. I can't find any other web-based information from any other audiologist or hearing clinic about this offer. Anyone know anything about it? Is this offer good in the U.S. as well? I have an appointment with my audiologist tomorrow and plan to ask her about it. I did not see any info on Oticon's website about this special pricing which makes me wonder if it's limited to this one clinic. I'd appreciate any insight out there on Oticon current pricing and offers. Thanks.

Desertdude,
Do you live close enough to the clinic in Ontario that you can go there? If not your probably stuck with what you've agreed to pay. Several audiologist in the SF Bay Area had similar promotions a month or two ago and were advertising the Alta Pro's for same price of $5,500 for the pair. You could talk to the audiologist and see if they can do anything on the price or ask if they are going to have a similar promotion. Another possibility is ask how much the Agil Pro's are, they were the top of the line until the release of the Alta Pro's and I've heard that they have dropped in price since the release of the new HA's in Oticon's line.

Seb, I live in the southern California area but my Ontario is about 2,000 miles away from the Ontario hearing clinic in Ottawa, Canada that is promoting the special offer.

See: Oticon offers $500 off ALTA Pro and $250 off ALTA: Until July 31, 2013 | fchearing.ca news

It seems to suggest that a rebate is available from Oticon and this may be the same offer you mention from the SF Bay area. Luckily, I haven't committed to buying anything yet, but I definitely plan on asking my audiologist about the offer. It's supposed to be good through July 31.

Thanks for the reply.

Desertdude,
Did you have any luck on the Oticon Alta HA discount?

Back