What brands did you try before you decided?

Batman1usa

Reaction score
All new at this and the choices are more than a few.
Currently trying Oticon Alta. seem easy enough to get use to.
Next trying Starkey Audibel

Anyone else test driven others? My area is fairly limited to audiologists within short drive.

Most I've read about seem to have similar digital technology. They all seem like they might be fragile. Battery doors and speaker and fiber optics.

What is the cost you have run into for repair?

I'm in area code 74601

All new at this and the choices are more than a few.
Currently trying Oticon Alta. seem easy enough to get use to.
Next trying Starkey Audibel

Anyone else test driven others? My area is fairly limited to audiologists within short drive.

Most I've read about seem to have similar digital technology. They all seem like they might be fragile. Battery doors and speaker and fiber optics.

What is the cost you have run into for repair?

I'm in area code 74601

If you're comfortable with the Oticon Alta, you should keep it. That's the most recent and expensive product from Oticon. Audibel's top-of-the-line is the A2; it's similar to Starkey 3 Series. Other high-end products include Phonak Audeo/Bolero Q90, ReSound Verso 9, Siemens Ace/Life/Pure/Motion 7mi, Unitron Moxi/Quantum Pro. Most audiologists have accounts with all the major manufacturers and can obtain any product you want, but they're going to be most proficient with the brands they sell the most of.

I wouldn't say hearing aids are fragile, but you do have to treat them with care. None have fiber optics. The repair cost depends on how old they are, anywhere from $100 to $200 is typical. Make sure you get a 3-year warranty on the Alta.

Last edited:
If you are new to hearing aids I would try at least two different manufacturers of HA's to see if you like the sound of one manufacturer over the other. I tried Phonak and found their sound to be mechanical sounding and then tried Oticon and found theirs to be very natural.

Back