What hearing aid batteries do you like/use?

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I currently use Duracell, size 13. The battery usually lasts about 7 days before it needs to be replaced. I've had a few deaf friends tell me that the Energizer hearing aid batteries last longer than others, but I wouldn't know.

What about you?

I use Walgreens (675) and they last about 2-1/2 weeks. Used to get about 3 weeks out of my batteries, but now that I have the ComPilot & TVLink, I think I'm draining the batteries faster.

I use 675 batteries. I don't really care for what brand since they're all pretty much the same for me. I just buy whatever's cheapest or on sale.

A few months ago, I bought a bunch of Duracell batteries in the clearance section at Target for $1.25 each (pack of 6). They expire in March 2013, and batteries usually last a month for me. My wife uses the same, but she wears two hearing aids. So she goes through them twice faster than I do. :)

Other than that, what I usually get is Rayovac. :)

I use Kirkland Signature 675's. i don't pay enough attention to tell you how long they last, put at least a couple weeks. But I use them because I get a ton of them for $10 at Costco ;)

Renata.

Excellent hearing aid batteries. They came with the hearing aids when I purchased them and I get them very inexpensively by the box. I just give the company a call and in about two days I have them.

I have tried a few packs of cvs brand in a pinch, but don't get nearly the life out of them. So I try to stick with Renata.

Define "a ton"?

I think 40, maybe more, they come in a big sheet, but there's perforated sections with 10 each, and I've already ripped it apart. I think there was 4 sections, not positive. The packs of 13's are $10 also, but I'm pretty sure there's more of them than in the 675's. I used the 13s for my other digitals, but there's not enough juice in them for UPs.

I think 40, maybe more, they come in a big sheet, but there's perforated sections with 10 each, and I've already ripped it apart. I think there was 4 sections, not positive. The packs of 13's are $10 also, but I'm pretty sure there's more of them than in the 675's. I used the 13s for my other digitals, but there's not enough juice in them for UPs.
You're saying... 40 batteries for $10?

You're saying... 40 batteries for $10?
Yep, at least 40, there could be 50, I'm not positive. But my Costco has a hearing aid center, that is not where I got my aids though they don't have anything nearly powerful enough for me. I don't know if Costcos that don't have a hearing aid center sell the batteries, they might. They probably sell them online though, maybe.

Yep, at least 40, there could be 50, I'm not positive. But my Costco has a hearing aid center, that is not where I got my aids though they don't have anything nearly powerful enough for me. I don't know if Costcos that don't have a hearing aid center sell the batteries, they might. They probably sell them online though, maybe.
Wow... I'll have to check that out. That's a great deal! :)

Power Ones all the way! Cheap from Amazon and last twice as long as Energizers. Mine will go almost two weeks.

Power Ones all the way! Cheap from Amazon and last twice as long as Energizers. Mine will go almost two weeks.
What kind of batteries do you use? 675 or something else? 2 weeks sounds short for 675. That's why I asked. :)

What kind of batteries do you use? 675 or something else? 2 weeks sounds short for 675. That's why I asked. :)

I use 13's. They actually last a bit over 2 weeks if I'm sure they're off every night but mine aren't easy to keep off if they're handled at all. I ran out and bought a pack of energizers once and they lasted me about 5 days. I was changing them constantly. Maybe I need some new energy-efficient aids :D

I use 13's. They actually last a bit over 2 weeks if I'm sure they're off every night but mine aren't easy to keep off if they're handled at all. I ran out and bought a pack of energizers once and they lasted me about 5 days. I was changing them constantly. Maybe I need some new energy-efficient aids :D
That could be normal for size 13. What color are the battery stickers? I know there are orange, brown, and blue. 675 is blue. I think orange is 13.

Perhaps, it's normal for size 13 to have a short life... and also explain why they're cheaper?

I get 60 powerones shipped for under $20. When I hit the grocery store to buy the energizers it was like $14 for 12 or something insane like that. The stickers on my batteries are silver but the packaging is silver and orange. They're definately 13's. I run my aids 16 hours a day.
We don't have a costco's near me or I'd try them out. Maybe someone wants to send me two costcos and I'll send two powerones so we can swap and try them?

I get 60 powerones shipped for under $20. When I hit the grocery store to buy the energizers it was like $14 for 12 or something insane like that. The stickers on my batteries are silver but the packaging is silver and orange. They're definately 13's. I run my aids 16 hours a day.
We don't have a costco's near me or I'd try them out. Maybe someone wants to send me two costcos and I'll send two powerones so we can swap and try them?
That sounds like a good deal. I'll have to check out my local Costco.

I have 675's.. and use powerones.. or walgreens brand.. .. or what ever my husband picks up for me..*L*

Back