Another Newb

dapperd

Reaction score
As a new member with hearing loss I want to say hello and hope to find some answers to questions that I have. Thanks in advance for lending an open ear. I just recently had my first visit for audiology test. I have not received an Audiogram but have a few results and numbers that I'm not sure of their meaning. I will be returning in several weeks to clinic but maybe you can shed some light on these, description of loss: AD: mild-to Severe SNHL above 1 K Hz. AS Mild-to-Severe SNHL above .25 K Hz. Speech reception threshold, AD 30 db HL, AS 45 db H Word recognition test with speech masking presented to the non test ear, AD 80% @ 80 db HL, AS 36% @ 85 db HL. Quite the hello HUH? D D

First of all welcome aboard. What your saying is that you have a sensorineural hearing loss that falls in the mild to severe range and probably starts at 1,000 hertz and slopes downward from there. Speech reception is at what dB level you know speech is present and they masked your non test ear with 45 dB of masking noise so they could test the other ear. Finally, your word recognition scores were: AD (right ear)80% @ 80 dB and in your left ear(AS) it was 36% at 85dB hearing level. I hope this helps.

Back