domes

Hunter Bock

Reaction score
I have an older BTE Siemens (564 P). Am looking to switch from earmold to open dome. Confident that my model has standard tubing, so my question is which open domes will fit and work best with standard tubing. Anyone have experience on this?

If you look on ebay and type in hearing aid dome, make sure you click "all departments", you can find sample packs of different types and sizes. I like what they call the open air type. It is a dome with either slots, holes, or openings around the side wall of the dome. It does not cause feedback. What it does do is mix the amplified sound with the ears natural hearing ability, though it may be weak. It does not cut down on the hearing aids ability to provide you with optimal performance and total correction. Also the primary benefit here is that it feels more natural or even unnoticeable instead of feeling clogged/stopped up and irritated.

Please make note of your sound tube shaft diameter and buy the correct size. The outside diameter of the domes skirt usually goes by two's, from 14m to 4m. My ear canals are small. On the left side I take a 6m and on the right side I take a 4m. They also have double skirted domes. If you get a dome and it fits just a little snug you may like the security but by the end of the day or maybe after a couple of days your ears will get sore. When you put one in and it feels just a tiny bit snug, take it back out and put the next smallest size on it. Then reinsert. If it does not howl or feedback yer good to go. This way they allow for chewing movement of the jaw bone and the like but stay in place. If the domes are the least bit snug then talking, chewing (gum in particular), ect, will work the domes to irritation and work the domes to far into the ear canal or work them out of the ear canal.
There you have it..:p:rolleyes:

Back