Ear infection and fitting on the 26 of this month! Yikes!

Reaction score
I got some interesting news. I have an ear infection now and has been bothering me since the Wednesday prior to my impression taking for both my ears. Can they still fit me if I have a middle ear infection? I have been known to have these last for quite some time. I used to get them (middle ear infections) all the time and I think though when I go in I will let my audiologist know there is an ear infection but just in my right ear. My body sure picks bizarre times to get these things. We are attacking the issue with ear drops atm so it may just resolve itself eventually.

At least this place is understanding, I don't think the last person I had for a hearing aid assessment would have been as nice or understanding about this issue. I think I can still get it fit I'm hoping. Wish me luck. :) I am getting excited to see what the hearing aids look like now with my colour choices. XD!

Ah yes. Thank you. Dad said the same thing to me, he wears a pair too. His are very small. This ear infection is not as bad as the one I had three years ago, that was a nasty one! Just makes me feel off and a tiny bit of vertigo from time to time. The pain at least has subsided but it still feels gross. I guess though that the ear infection will still block any proper sound from getting to my ear drum no matter what. Whether or not it is amplified. Hopefully this heals soon yes?

Hoping it heals soon!
thanks LlamaChick and Doctear! It healed Monday in fact! It ran a fever for it's last course and the next day i felt much better. That was NOT fun. I hadn't had an ear infection in three years since a sinus related surgery. We believe the sinusitis/ear infection at the time is what caused my newest decline in hearing. I get the hearing aids this coming Monday :3 I think though I will still let her know within that time frame there was an issue just to be on the safe side.

thanks LlamaChick and Doctear! It healed Monday in fact! It ran a fever for it's last course and the next day i felt much better. That was NOT fun. I hadn't had an ear infection in three years since a sinus related surgery. We believe the sinusitis/ear infection at the time is what caused my newest decline in hearing. I get the hearing aids this coming Monday :3 I think though I will still let her know within that time frame there was an issue just to be on the safe side.
How was it? Did you get your hearing aids? I hope you did tell the audiologist about your issue.

Back