EBay Pair of Oticon More 1 MiniRite HAs Plus Smart Charger for $390 - NOT!

pvc

Reaction score
Well, Yes it was a dubious listing from a seller with very little feedback. But I don't mind taking risk because I use my Credit Card ChargeBack rights given to me by State and Federal law to claw back my money if it's not as described.

Correct me if I'm wrong, But (OTICON (L & R) MORE 1 MiniRite RECHARGEABLE w/ OTICON SMART CHARGER) is two More1's and a Smart Charger, right?

Shortly before the auction ended, Seller changed the listing from Pair of HAs plus Smart Charger to one HA, no charger! What? I didn't notice that "minor" change as I was concentrating on setting up my bid for the auction. Anyway, now I have to wait a few days until some minimum time periods lapse so that I can get back my payment.

But here's something surprising to me. The seller is listed as from Fair Oaks, California USA. But wait? What? I think he is from Russia. His first message said "Добрый день", Good afternoon in Russian. His last reply said "Сделайте запрос на возврат"/Request a return. I guess this only proves that he speaks Russian, and not that he is from Russia.

But even though I paid immediately, he said he has not received any money yet, and then sent me the following text to show that he does not yet have access to the payment.
  • Great news! Your product has been sold! Due to the fact that you have a limited sales history on eWow, we will withhold funds until November 8. This will allow us to check if the buyer has any complaints about your order. To avoid delays in receiving funds, be sure to upload tracking information.
I know that EBay is opening up EBay sales to foreign countries, but this transaction seems convoluted to say the least. EBay said not to worry, I am covered by the EBay money back Guarantee, and I also have my Credit Card chargeback rights to fall back on. Just thought I would share this peculiar story.

Thanks for sharing. I've used the eBay MBG before and it works. But it's not trivial because you have to work through the process and this involves waiting for the Seller to respond which can take some time, then for eBay to make a decision, etc. Also a similar hassle for the credit card contest. And I just can't stand the waiting for the due process to take place. But if you're cool about this, then it's probably worth the risk if you can really get a pair of More 1 with the charger for $390. Thanks again for sharing.

Hi Mr V; The option for credit-card-dispute come up first so I went ahead and Disputed-the-charge. IIRC once a credit card dispute is filed, then EBay will no longer proceed to remedy the problem when a credit card dispute has been filed.

MBG=Money Back Guarantee. Oh, I was thinking (MG MGB) because I used to drive an Austin Healey. The MGB is a two-door sports car manufactured and marketed from 1962 until 1980 by the British Motor Corporation (BMC), later the Austin-Morris division of British Leyland, as a four-cylinder, soft-top sports car. Hahaha. :p

ETA: Edit To Add; I was able to open an EBay Return (even though the item has not shipped) because it was marked as shipped. So now I have a Dispute and a Return.

Last edited:
Yay, Resolved in my favor and refunded (by EBay not credit card dispute). Though it was difficult because a label had been created (but never shipped) and the label creation kept EBay status as waiting for return shipping. I had to explain over-and-over that it was never shipped!!

It is a very common type of SCAM! in the digital world of Internet. We bought via Facebook website and got Scam especially during the festive season. Buy more save more. Money paid but website closed, or mobile number is disconnected. My friend bought something via eBay and good was not deliver. Check with Seller, good send but nothing arrives! Dispute with who seller or eBay or delivery company?? Merry go round.

PVC, you are lucky.

But I don't mind taking risk because I use my Credit Card ChargeBack rights given to me by State and Federal law to claw back my money
You may not have these two additional safeguards. :cool: Also, some who do have these safeguards have not studied how to use them.

ETA/Edit To Add; Actually it's just one additional safeguard as they are lumped together as the (Credit Card Dispute) procedure.

ETA/Edit To Add Again; I looked back at my (Credit Card Dispute) and it was resolved in my favor almost a week ago. So I dunno why (EBay's Money Back Guarantee) was still fooling around with this when I already had a full refund. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back