Embrace Hearing reviews? Has anyone heard of them?

jason

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a hearing aid and I stumbled upon Embrace Hearing (www.embracehearing.com). Has anyone heard of them? I saw they were in some news articles, and the reviews on the site are all positive. They seem to have a good philosophy driving their business, but I just wanted to hear about anyone's experience with (or knowledge about) them before placing an order. Thanks!

Jason,
I've heard of Embrace HA's but don't know anyone who has them.

The one problem I see with them is it looks like you have to send the HA's back to them for adjustments or any problems you encounter and that can really become a pain. As a new hearing aid wearer you will probably start out with only 70-80% of prescribed amplification and this is usually increased each time you go to your fitter for adjustments. So with a local person to deal with, they are close by when you need adjustments or have problems and your not running to the post office to mail your HA's off and then waiting to get them back and hoping that they haven't screwed up the programming with something that bothers you, which would require sending the HA's back to get it resolved.

I could see using Embrace if your a experienced hearing aid wearer who doesn't require a lot of tweaking with their aids, but I can't see them for someone new to hearing aids.

If your looking to save some money give Costco or Sam's Club a try. Their prices average about half what you would pay from an audiologist and their hearing aids are pretty good. Costco has just received new models for Bernafon, Resound and Rexton and they also have their own Kirkland brand of hearing aids. Costco also has a 90 day trial and return period with NO restocking fees and they also have really good warranty and damage or loss policies and I believe Sam's has similar policies also.

Hi seb,

Thanks for the info! The costco option sounds like it would be nice, though I'm not a member since there isn't one nearby :(.

I actually decided to call Embrace to ask questions (their customer service was really good!) and apparently you can take the hearing aids to audiologists in your area (not all service their hearing aids, but apparently the aids used by Embrace are similar to Siemens, so many audiologists are familiar with the hearing aids). Additionally, they told me that the hearing aids can be set up with an "acclimatization" mode so that it gradually increases the volume so it's not too loud when you first start using it.

It would be nice to hear from more people, but I think I might try it out. There is a 45-day trial period which is helpful. Thanks again for your help!

Jason,
What is the restocking fee or is there no fee? I've heard of people with one of the mail order hearing aid companies having problems returning the aids and then getting socked with big restocking fees, so get it in writing from them before you start.

I just chatted with them on their website, and the representative said that there is no restocking fee. Thanks for getting me to double check though :).

I just chatted with them on their website, and the representative said that there is no restocking fee. Thanks for getting me to double check though :).

So, did you buy from Embrace Hearing or pass?

jason

I have certainly heard of them it took several calls to place the order for the Luna model from Hansaton paid 1900 $ got them in several days after August 16 2013 posting order. They worked great and I could hear much better tinnitus is a nerve racking disorder. Had it for years it only gets worse .After 4days one aid failed intermittently called and this time the phone was answered Rodger ? said they would email me a return form for repair. the next day the aid was working so I just hung on to them but after several days they both quit so I sent them in and was told that thy would send them back to the factory in Germany well a month later no aids then suddenly after complaining they came in those worked for about 10 days and one quit then a day later the volume on the last one dropped to a whisper .I sent an Email on their ste no reply no answering the phone this went on for 3 weeks I found Hansaton here in USA and phoned them they could not understand why all this was happening got a Email from Gina and she assured me this would be taken care of just days well here it is Dec-23 2013 and no aids I was told that Embrace would program them well nearly a month has gone by no aids no answer I wish I had never bought them !

On-line hearing aids or Retail, Costco or otherwise?

I have worked in the hearing aid industry for over 20 years, I've worked for Costco, as well as, numerous other large retail hearing companies and I am one of the owners of Buy Hearing Aids & Accessories Online | Clearly Hearing, an on-line hearing company.

Seb had some valid points about new hearing aid users and even some experienced hearing aids users not liking their hearing aids set to their full prescription. This is a very true and valid point. When we send out our open-fit hearing aids we send them with 3 programs. The first program is set to 80% of the prescription, the second program is set to 90% of the prescription and the third program is set to 100% of the prescription.

Buying hearing aids online isn't for everybody. Some clients require face-to-face service, or can justify the difference in price between retail and online for the convenience of having a place in their community to take their hearing aids if they require adjustments or service.

Jason, you had mentioned that you can buy Embrace hearing aids online and that someone in your local community will adjust them if need be. This information is likely incorrect. If you purchased hearing aids on-line and came to any hearing clinic I've worked at we would either refuse service or charge a minimum clinic fee of $100.00 per session.

I can tell you from experience that about 15% of customers require reprogramming when they purchase online with us. They ship the hearing aids back to us, we reprogram them and ship them back at no charge. It can mean someone goes without their hearing aids for 2-3 weeks.

It's unusual for a customer to need to have their hearing aids adjusted more than one time in a 1-year period of time. The positive side of buying your hearing aids online. You can purchase hearing aids for a couple of hundred dollars online that have the same technology that retailers sell for $2500 and Costco sells for $1200.00.

For example, our SmartAid Digital Premium Hearing Aid sells for $499.00 and comes with 3 Programs, Adaptive Directional Microphones, Advanced Noise Filters and Advanced Feedback Filters.

Smart Aid Digital Premium | Clearly Hearing

Shop the on-line retailer carefully, the same as you should shop your local hearing clinic carefully. If your still thinking about buying hearing aids online, please visit our site before you make your final decision.

I purchased a set of their digital mini. worked good, good value, then things went bad, I sent one in for a hum. I am now waiting over 3 weeks now and no one has answered any of my 20 emails, face book entries or twitter or phone calls. they have dismissed most of the staff and are in reorganization. that is no reason to not to respond to inquiries. I will soon buy from a a different company, giving up all hope that they will ever respond. choose for your self if you want to do business with Embrace Hearing.

Sorry to hear that. I was affiliated with them for awhile, but the response time was poor, and I understand now they are using a company and things are probably a mess for awhile. It will probably straighten out but the quality of service care will not be what it used to be.

Dave, I am sorry for this mishap. The owners of Embrace got the emails first when there was a problem. Often, we, the programmers, didn't know about what was going on until time had elapsed. sometimes people had to write email and call for weeks before they got a reply from them, all unbeknownst to us. We worked hard, were dedicated all Board Certified professionals and took care of the orders as soon as we could when we knew what was going on. I might have sent you an email just to help out and it probably wasn't even my order to take care of but I tried to do what I could. At least we could fix most problems in house as I came out of manufacturing, but with the new company, don't know what to expect. There are many good options out there so check them out!

I'm looking into getting a hearing aid and I stumbled upon Embrace Hearing (www.embracehearing.com). Has anyone heard of them? I saw they were in some news articles, and the reviews on the site are all positive. They seem to have a good philosophy driving their business, but I just wanted to hear about anyone's experience with (or knowledge about) them before placing an order. Thanks!

Costco, Connect hearing, or even www.hearingwholesale.com

There are a few online providers shop around. Embrace, www.Audicus.com, www.Hearingwholesale.com, even www.mdhearingaid.com

Back